OneMain Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneMain Financial Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2018

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OneMain Financial.

Interview

Two phone interviews mainly covering what I had done in the past. No technical questions. Final was an in-person interview at their headquarters in Evensville Indiana. That was about describing the job and meeting the managers.

I had two other offers. SpringLeaf made a good one but the other was closer to my home.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a STAR based interview process after briefly discussing my employment history and qualifications. They love prior experience so make sure to talk about how awesome you are at collections. The interview scenarios were long and exhausting, making things up centered around the question is hard when you have to do it 15 times. Took about an hour. I received a call a week later with the offer. All paperwork and background check is online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a dispute with a co worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Irving, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was quick. It only took two weeks to hear back from the hiring manager to offer you the position. The background process took some time but they did get a hold of you if they need any additional information in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not give me an opportunity to discuss any pay negotiation. They paid the base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Had a phone screening and was scheduled for an interview. Interview was rescheduled with recruiter, and after showing up for the rescheduled interview and sitting in lobby for about 10 minutes, the interviewer came down and told me she doesn’t do reschedules and would not be doing interviews that day. That was completely unprofessional and I would hope that the company does not do business in that fashion nor do I hope they treat their employees in that same manner. Stay away.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral situation.Tell me about a time when you had to collect money from an irate customer. Tell a story about the experience showing the actions you took and overall positive result

Interview Questions

• Do you have collections experience   1 Answer

OneMain Financial Response

Feb 6, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for providing feedback we’re glad to have you as part of the OneMain Financial team. - M.S.

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain Financial in August 2015.

Interview

Very long , a quiet conference room with one supervisor. She was an hr late , walked past me and did not introduce herself or even speak. Very personal and explained she was not a people person.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Covington, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was called by HR and did phone interview and was sent to branch to interview with branch mgr and that went well. was advised she would review and determine to refer to dist mgr for further interview. About week later was called in to interview with dist mgr and he was not the most personable individual and was told one way or another would hear back from someone in regards to the position as he did not like to just to leave someone wondering about it and felt it was best to tell them. of course never did hear back from anyone in regards to the position. in my opinion that is just really poor communication especially from someone who is a dist mgr and to make that statement.

Interview Questions

• They were looking for any type of experience related to the position.   Answer Question

OneMain Financial Response

Feb 6, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your comment. We're sorry you had that experience. Feedback is critical for candidates, and we continue to work to improve the timeliness of our communications. – M.S.

Inter Interview

Interview

Very quick process. There was the an online application in which I heard back within a week, and was able to setup an interview. I was hired on the spot and was able to start within 2 weeks.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with three people Human resources, director of finance and one other. I was first ask to tell a little bit about my self so I went through the based question they would ask on an interview. After they got a sense of who I was they got into more detail about what functions I know on excel, big data, and what I would look for in a company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about big data?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Rigorous Multi interview with round selection. Students were selected from a group of Resumes. These students were brought together, Placed on teams and asked to do an assignment. A few students were asked back to the next interview where a few questions were asked informally. The student was then selected from that group to do the internship.

Interview Questions

• What is good leadership defined as?   1 Answer