OneMain Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Consumer Lending Specialist (Bilingual) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Brownsville, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application on Friday before Memorial Day. I went in person to ask about the position and if they had received my application Tuesday. They only had 3 people in at the time and seemed very busy, After a 20 minute wait the branch manager greeted me and sat me down on her desk, asked me a few questions; something like a pre interview and said she could give me a formal interview tomorrow. After I had my formal interview, she told me to come for observation the next day. After observation I asked about the next steps and she mentioned an interview with the district manager sometime next week. After the district manager interview I got a recruiter call about a week after with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2020.

Interview

Put in an application, and within a few days I got a call. The call was more like an informal interview with a few questions around my resume. When the call was almost over got invited to an in person interview with a Branch Manager, and District Manager. Questions were that of the STAR method. I got a call back later that day with a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Consumer Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Charlotte, NC) in December 2019.

Interview

Smooth and easy didn’t take long in fact we were on the phone for 10 minutes and i got offered the position She was very easy to talk to and had great conversation i loved this

Interview Questions

• They main asked about your past experiences relating to the position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain Financial.

Interview

Applied in the fall of 2018. I had two phone interviews and the final decision was made within a week. The interviews were basic. Both interviews were behavioral, the first with a recruiter and second with the supervisor.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (London, KY) in August 2019.

Interview

Sign in, register, have an interview. At this point you're supposed to be told if you're good or not and get another, but instead a bunch of people including me were never told and were let sit for 3+ hours and then told we didn't have it after nearly half a shift of time had been wasted and on person has missed three meetings. Will not reapply.

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Boynton Beach, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

He asked personality based questions. It was basic interview 101 questions. You can tell he was reading a script from a page. Didn't really engage in a conversation. It felt more like an interrogation.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Monroe, LA) in July 2019.

Interview

One phone interview and then a in person interview with the branch manger. Relatively quick process if the phone interview actually happens. My first phone interview was scheduled and the interviewer never called and didn't answer when I tried to call her.

Lending Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Dickson, TN) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied and after a week, I still hadn’t received anything. Called in and spoke to manager and then had to wait another week for the recruiter to call me. And then another week to set up an phone interview so 3 weeks in now and have only done a phone interview. Finally got to the in person interview and the manager didn’t write down any of my answers to the questions like required. Said he would “fill it in later” and it’s now been weeks and I still have yet to hear anything. I’ve tried the recruiter and the manager. The hiring process is terrible.

Interview Questions

• Name some challenges you have faced in previous roles and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

PSL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

Had a phone screen which went good. Then invited into actual branch. It was pretty conversational between myself and BM. Just questions about my background. I heard back with an offer later that week.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain Financial (Nashville, TN) in April 2019.

Interview

very easy...took about one month. I completed a phone interview then a in person interview with the branch manager. All the questions were straight forward and easy to answer as long as you actually meet the qualifications for the position