Cover image for OneMain Financial

55% Recommend to a Friend
69% Approve of CEO

Found 1,852 of over 2K reviews

3.3
OneMain Financial President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shulman (no image)
Doug Shulman

What people are saying about OneMain Financial

Join the conversation on

Finance

3m

a

Loan Officer

Currently an Assistant Manager at OneMain Financial and dealing with this clientele is draining me. Looking to make a move, possibly into the mortgage industry or something else in financial services. I have my life insurance license but wondering what other qualifications I will need. What have been your experiences in the mortgage industry or would you say to look into other things?I make about 60k and feel as if I am capped out at OMF, what else is out there for me?About 3 yrs in fin services

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are good and the dress code is great.(in 213 reviews)
  • "They are flexible with my school and the pay is very good for the flexibility and hours.(in 137 reviews)
  • "the people are great and the politics seem to be at a minimum.(in 73 reviews)
  • "Annual time off is amazing(in 56 reviews)
  • "+ good bonuses depending on performance(in 50 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OneMain Financial and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

Aug 5, 2022 - Loan Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

TIme off, want you to do well, support

Cons

Raises after you start, collection limitations

Thank you for your 5-star review. -AS

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Toxic Environment

Sep 20, 2022 - Branch Manager in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid vacation Paid holidays Diversity between days

Cons

This may only be my district, however I feel the need to warn future employees about my experience here, and do want to say I have been with the company over 5 years and it had not always been this way. I have been called on my cell phone on days off and yelled at. I have been pushed not to take time off for FMLA for my 3 year old daughter's surgery I was told I would be written up if I took my 3 year old to her first day of pre k3 and was 45 mins late as a salaried employee that regularly works 47+ hours per week with no break. When I reported a problem with why an employee was leaving, was retaliated against. Feel like I can not report anything for fear of retaliation. They have "anonymous" surveys each year for employee relations, however they allow district managers to see them and break them down by branch. Was told we were changing hours "to empower yourself to run your own branch", and promptly told you must work these hours.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stable Career/Difficult Goals

Sep 16, 2022 - Branch Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours, benefits, and technology help this company stand out among its peers. If this is your career, this company is the right place to be. This company is advanced in technology wise and the CEO and leadership have strengthened this companies prospects for years to come.

Cons

Branch goals are ever changing and management and senior management are unable to explain why. A conference call recently exposed the lack of clarity around this important topic. This current economic climate is quite unpredictable and I will say that the company and others like it do not know how to establish delinquency targets or sales targets. Automated system approvals that you cannot overwrite. Less than ideal applicants can often times pass the system screenings and get approved.

1 person found this review helpful

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

From Loan Specialist to Branch manager

May 1, 2022 - Branch Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Possability for growth from a lower position to Management in a year on average if you show initiative to learn and work hard to hit your numbers. 2. Support to do your job from tech support, software support, online portals & chat, and close connection to upper level management to have someone to mentor you. 3. As a manager you can organize and run your office as you see fit as long as it's compliant and promoting a positive work atmosphere.

Cons

1. Software systems have many quirks that are frustrating and create barriers to do the job quicker and take awhile to learn all the tips and tricks on how not to provoke the software. 2. It is extremely difficult to get fired from this company. While that may seem like a positive thing, when you are a manager and you have a subordinate who makes their fellow teammates and customers offended and uncomfortable, they should be given one chance to change the behavior and if it continues they should be let go, not a year or more of chances to change. From my experience, it can take years of corrective action plans to get that person terminated. 3. It is easy to harm your own work life balance because it never seems there is enough time in the work day to accomplish all the tasks you want to get done. It took me awhile to learn that getting out of work on time is important to a healthy work life balance.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Operations Support Coordinator-Legacy Research

Sep 26, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly. OneMain Financial works really hard on being the best place to work.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about OneMain Financial as a work place.

Thank you for your 5-star review. -SG

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunities for Growth

Sep 29, 2022 - Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are opportunities to advance your career and you receive great mentorship.

Cons

Their training could be improved

7. 1.0

Move on by

Oct 2, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are the best to work with.

Cons

Where to begin…. Bonus has been drastically cut, medical benefits are terrible, being underinsured will cost you big if you have any medical conditions, it’s near impossible to hit the very high targets, long hours, our clients are hurting financially trying to keep up with inflation and we are calling them six times a day to collect, but turn around on new employees, that should tell ya to move on by.

8. 4.0

sr loan specialist

Sep 26, 2022 - Sr. Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like the off time.

Cons

I wish they would give us a raise.

9. 3.0

Ok company

Sep 27, 2022 - Senior Loan Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Keeping afloat through the pandemic. Very flexible.

Cons

Forcing employees to do things that is not good for the company.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the people I work with

Sep 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If your in the right office it is great

Cons

Could pay more for the lvl of work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,852 Reviews
</>Embed

OneMain Financial Reviews FAQs

OneMain Financial has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 1,962 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at OneMain Financial to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OneMain Financial employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OneMain Financial. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

55% of OneMain Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OneMain Financial 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OneMain Financial to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with OneMain Financial Job Seekers