Opus Talent Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Opus Talent Solutions

3.2

Sort:

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for positions in OPUS and got a call very next day for initial interview. But due to some network issue the representative can't hear me properly and said that he will call me again. But today it is almost 10 days and have not received any call from them again

Interview Questions

Opus Talent Solutions Response

Nov 28, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your experience and we would appreciate if you could get back in touch with us by calling 01179 689 292 and ask for Tom Hurley who is one of our... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Intense! Went in at 10am for a '30 minute informal chat'. Was still there at 4pm having interviewed with the internal recruiter, 2 principle consultants and the director. However at the end of all this they made me an offer so mission accomplished.

Be prepared for a grilling. There is a very high turnover of staff in recruitment so they want to be sure you can handle the intensity of the job.

Interview Questions

• (As a follow up to being asked who I voted for in the last election) In that case, do you think criminals should be allowed to go free?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Handling objections are a huge part of recruitment so make sure you are prepared to fight your corner when they inevitably pick apart what you have told them.
    Also be prepared for a peculiar line of questions when you meet the director, he doesn't follow a traditional line of questioning...

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Had brief conversation with their rep at a university careers fair where I have been told to try and apply for the newly opened graduate recruiter position. I therefore forward my CV and cover letter got invited to an Assessment day held at the London head office.

Interview Questions

• Rank the listed famous people (The Queen, Adolf Hitler, Muhammad Ali..) on how likely you would be to save them from a crashing plane.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was calming, comfortable and very encouraging.

I was able to speak and really talk about where I wanted to grow and develop

A very approachable environment.
    It was a company I instantly felt welcomed Into and pushed to succeed from day one

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be successful?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great, technically challenging but at the same time rewarding. Probably one of the toughest interviews I have done, but it made me into the person I am now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

1 interview, competency based questions, life experience, role plays, meetings with directors, look through your CV, walk around the office, role play, asked about business scenarios, get to no you period

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Face to face interview followed by a decision shortly, I immediately accepted as it was a great opportunity to join such an amazing company. The managers were really helpful and even offered advice in handing in my notice to my current employer.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had one iv in Amsterdam, followed by 2 iv's in Bristol about my way of working, strategy, market etc. Afterwards I've met the management. This was more a casual chat, sales driven as well as if I fit within the Opus group company.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

During the assessment day we were first asked to answer questions designed to probe our character (see below).

Afterwards we were split into groups and given 1/2 hour to prep a dragons’ den style pitch in front of 10+ consultants. All this was testing was your ability to keep talking even if the content was nonsense. Not much intelligence required for this step (and most of the day in general)

Next up was a role play with one of the consultants in which you were given a situation to defend (vaguely related to recruitment). There seemed to be an emphasis on saying absolutely anything, regardless of truth, to satisfy the ‘customer’.

Then lastly there were 2 face to face interviews with a consultant. Not an interview in any conventional sense: they just asked you to guess a person they had in mind - it was like a game at play school, hardly what I was expecting from a supposedly professional company.

During the day we had the chance to meet some consultants - they all seemed nice, but equally, I got the impression that they were under strict orders to answer our questions in a specific way, therefore I wasn’t sure how genuine their answers were. Having read a number of reviews on glass door, I feel that the impressions given during the assessment day were all fake and that actual day to day work there was not a nice place.

I also had the misfortune of communicating with TP which was a complete waste of time and he messed me around no end.

The assessment day was disappointing and unprofessional from start to finish. I wasn’t that keen on recruitment anyway, but my experience with opus made me cross off any potential openings within recruitment in the future.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with £50K?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opus Talent Solutions (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Not sure if they think opus recruitment is supposed to resemble Wolf of Wall Street, but they sure act like it! Opus is full of middle aged men in cheap suits and fake Ray Bans. With having such a bad reputation in the recruitment world you would think they would be doing their best to turn it around but clearly not.. I was referred to as a Candy Girl (whatever that is?!) within the first 2 minutes of my interview. I decided after about 10 minutes that it wasn't for me and left. If you want to work for a business who have zero morals, and is 90% male dominated then go for it!