Orange County Government, Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.5

Fiscal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They ask the normal textbook questions. They probably already have the one that they want to hire but they just have to go through the motion. Your appearance will serve you well and do bring a portfolio or extra resumes because the computer generated ones are not user friendly.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use for time management.   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat in board room with 3 people, they took turns asking me questions. Two of the people were from my section and one was from another. This was to keep it diverse.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through my University. After 2 weeks received a call for an in person interview. Interview was pretty quick maybe 15 - 20 mins mostly discussing my coursework and my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the differences between Internet/Intranet?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone call to schedule an in person interview. The interview was myself being asked questions by three current employees. There were six questions and a written exam to test how effectively I communicate in written form. The entire process was very professional and enjoyable. All employees I interacted with were very pleasant and appeared to be happy to work in this environment. I was given feedback regarding my performance in the interview as well as ways to improve in further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.

Describe a time where you effectively communicated ideas in written form.

If given an assignment to fix a broken water pipeline, what steps would you use to solve this problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

Applied online for an internship in Orange County (application gets sent to all admin departments). Received a call to schedule an interview. Pretty standard interview, asks about knowledge of services.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Getting on as an intern for Orange County took a long time, several months, of myself emailing the person who contacted me asking if I would like to work with her after she contacted me based on my online application. Once I was pre-approved I was asked to come in for a face to face meeting/ very casual interview.

Interview Questions

• What sort of place are you interested in working at after your internship?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

After closing of the posted position, the initial communication to schedule an interview was quick and professional. The interview timeframe was scheduled by email. The interview was surprisingly easy for the level of work requested, half technical, half situational, so offer as much dialog as possible. It took at least 4 weeks to hear back on the job offered. Orientation is only twice a month, so request that you get the earliest orientation possible, otherwise you could wait another 2 weeks to start the position.

Negotiation

I requested to negotiate but it was declined

Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

5 multi-part questions in a panel interview consisting of agency upper management and staff from an outside agency. This was the culmination of a several month process involving testing on agency policies, writing skills, people skills, situational skills, and the ability to lead staff in a difficult scenario.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position and why?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through the career center at my school. The same day I applied I received an email for an interview. I went in 3 days later and interviewed with two people. They just asked simple questions and what I knew about programming and would I be willing to learn. Really easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Just mostly behavioral questions like what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Winter Park, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with Performance Based Interview questions. I was nervous interviewing with four people and trying to remember to address everyone, not just the person that asks the questions kept running through my mind. Thankfully they made me comfortable and I was able to answer in professional, yet conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you recognized a problem before your boss or others in your organization. How did you know this was a problem or was going to be a problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question