Orange County Government, Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orange County Government, Florida

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through my University. After 2 weeks received a call for an in person interview. Interview was pretty quick maybe 15 - 20 mins mostly discussing my coursework and my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the differences between Internet/Intranet?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

The interview was almost 2 hours. They make you do a presentation in front of 4 Enterprise Directors. You prepare for a month for it and they end up overlooking your years of IT experience and hire the rookie that just graduated UCF. This is going to be my 3rd attempt to interview and they completely ignore your qualifications, your drive and your professionalism and they keep choosing their person of interest.

Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

5 multi-part questions in a panel interview consisting of agency upper management and staff from an outside agency. This was the culmination of a several month process involving testing on agency policies, writing skills, people skills, situational skills, and the ability to lead staff in a difficult scenario.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position and why?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Winter Park, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with Performance Based Interview questions. I was nervous interviewing with four people and trying to remember to address everyone, not just the person that asks the questions kept running through my mind. Thankfully they made me comfortable and I was able to answer in professional, yet conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you recognized a problem before your boss or others in your organization. How did you know this was a problem or was going to be a problem? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

Applied online for an internship in Orange County (application gets sent to all admin departments). Received a call to schedule an interview. Pretty standard interview, asks about knowledge of services.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview was standard performance based questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you handled a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be conservative on negotiating. If you aim too high they won't hire you. Everything is tied to budget.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Technical screening and presentation. If you are sound technically, easy regular IT interview. Nothing unexpected. Presentation included showing old projects worked on, portfolio, websites. Capability on wearing may hats not just IT development only. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Firefighter/EMT Interview

Interview

Just one interview and no physical ttest. Easy to get the job and they more in masses. Huge department full of growth and opportunity. Doesn't matter who you know it's all about how you answer questions and how you present yourself. Be professional all the time and know everyone will look at you as soon as you enter the door until you drive away in your car.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

After closing of the posted position, the initial communication to schedule an interview was quick and professional. The interview timeframe was scheduled by email. The interview was surprisingly easy for the level of work requested, half technical, half situational, so offer as much dialog as possible. It took at least 4 weeks to hear back on the job offered. Orientation is only twice a month, so request that you get the earliest orientation possible, otherwise you could wait another 2 weeks to start the position.

Negotiation

I requested to negotiate but it was declined

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Government, Florida.

Interview

Application is online. Interview questions consist of performance based questions. Usually a panel of 3 people. Questions vary from “tell me about a time you worked with a difficult co-worker” to “tell me about a time you accomplished something you were proud of”. Questions focus on team work, leadership, interdependence, communication and time management.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary from “tell me about a time you worked with a difficult co-worker” to “tell me about a time you accomplished something you were proud of”. Questions focus on team work, leadership, interdependence, communication and time management.   Answer Question