Oregon State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oregon State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

Only one question on technical skill, the rest on customer service skills and experiences. Large emphasis on "we will train the right person for the job if they don't have the necessary skill" over getting people with skill. Questions were also more of "what would you do in this situation" type over questions about experience and skills.

Post Doctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual. Met future employer casually through OSU department, then met with future employer over coffee/beer several times to discuss common interests, goals for collaboration, work philosophies and expectations, and employment plan (full- vs. part-time).

Interview Questions

• Start date; research interests; project ideas; funding opportunities   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the PI directly after submitting the application. Phone interview then offered the position. The phone interview took about an hour and questions includes both personality and work experience.

Student Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

Simple, and straight forward interview. Mine was over WebEx and not in person, although the follow up interview for hiring is in person. The questions are simple and straight forward, they know you don't have much experience and that you're looking just for a little pay to help with school.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

At first there was a group interview which was fun and then a one-on-one interview. The interviewers were very nice and great to talk to. When I arrived, they gave me some water to drink which I thought was really nice of them. They wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond the customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I performed beyond the remainder of the class I was in, in addition to taking a strong interest in the final project which must have gotten me noticed. There wasn't much beyond this, the professor for the class offered me the position for the following quarter and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Effectively the entire upper division/grad class was the interview.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Eugene, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got phone interview. It took about half hour. There are about ten questions. Some are difficult. Some easy. for example Describe how you would handle a situation if you were required to finish multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way that you could finish them.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation if you were required to finish multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way that you could finish them.   Answer Question

pay is low

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Informal. We meet in the quad and had an easy discussion about the project at hand, its timeline, and the people involved. We also discussed how my academic area of interest related to the project.

Interview Questions

• What type of research experience do you have?   1 Answer

Student Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

Applied online and received an in-person interview by a panel of 4 people. Round robin of questions.and a light atmosphere. The people were very kind and inviting. I enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to creatively solve a problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Group internship with several other candidates were asked a series of questions from different department heads.word word word word word word word word word. More words about the interview. DOes this even get looked at? Who even knows.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone isn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question