Oregon State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oregon State University

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

I met with the researcher who posted an ad for a Lab Tech, we had a short interview and then she hired me on the spot. Overall the process was seamless and we both liked each other right away and knew it would be a good fit.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to this position. I sent the manager an email expressing interest. I was called in for an interview. We went over my resume and she asked me questions about my science background and what courses I completed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

it begins with a webex interview and followed by a half-day interview which was scheduled three weeks later, meet with three panels and the big boss. the final round is about 4 hours, meeting department heads, business managers

Interview Questions

• diversity/how do you feel your previous experiences are relating to this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oregon State University.

Interview

A phone interview and then an in person interview with the program director.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Group internship with several other candidates were asked a series of questions from different department heads.word word word word word word word word word. More words about the interview. DOes this even get looked at? Who even knows.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone isn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

It was pretty chill, I talked to a professor that I'd taken a class with and I'd done well in it so she told me I should apply. So I sent in my application so it would be official and then I had a short interview with the professor who was teaching it that term. I feel like it was more of a formality than anything.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about your experience with MatLab"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I performed beyond the remainder of the class I was in, in addition to taking a strong interest in the final project which must have gotten me noticed. There wasn't much beyond this, the professor for the class offered me the position for the following quarter and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Effectively the entire upper division/grad class was the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, they wanted to make sure I could do the coursework so I had to do like 5 sample problems.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a random, unexpected question. They asked if I felt comfortable helping others in the class and that's it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. It was a straight up take it or leave it. It was a part time job as a student; that's what it should be.

GRA Interview

Interview

There is no interview to get in Oregon State University, but there is a sort-of interview when you would like to join a research group, which is just an appointment to talk with the advisor you are interested and very relaxed chatting

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with Professor, then Video interview with Professor, Face to Face interview, make plan of study program. Apply for funding. Write proposal, and submit proposal.