Organizing for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Organizing for America Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Organizing for America

Organizing Fellow Interview

Interview

I received an email from the area field organizer regarding working for the Obama 2012 Campaign as an organizing fellow. The "interview" was more like a pitch to me convincing me I should intern (volunteer) for the campaign. It included a very vague description of what an organizing fellow would do. I then had the option expressing continued interest or declining. When I said I would like to work as a fellow, I was asked if I knew anyone else who would be interested as well- more of recruiting pitch for the program than an interview.

Field Organizer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Organizing for America.

Interview

I has been working as a volunteer for 7 months when I was recommended by the Regional Field Director for a staff position. Later, I spoke with the State Field Director about the work I had already been doing on the campaign. Submitted resume to Field Director. Hired shortly thereafter, but it was late in the campaign season at that point (September).

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward inquiries about the work I had already been doing as a volunteer (volunteer recruitment, event organizing, votebuilder knowledge).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay brackets are fixed, no negotiations.

Early Vote Organizer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Organizing for America in September 2012.

Interview

I was a volunteer with the campaign before I got hired. I was recommended got the position by a staff member. I submitted my résumé to Field Organizer who asked me a few questions about my campaign experience & then sent me out to shadow a OFA fellow. I was contacted a few weeks later by the Regional Field Director who offered me the position.

Negotiation

I was offered the position, told how many hours if be expected to work & told me how much I'd be paid.

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Organizing for America (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was not super strenuous because I was hired on after working as a fellow with the campaign. I basically just had a conversation with the RFD who already seen my work style and capabilities, so there were no tough curveballs.