Orica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.2

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watkins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Orica (Watkins, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR, hiring manager and VP. One hour spent with HR and the hiring manager and one hour spent with the VP on the first interview. Second interview was one hour with the senior HR, the hiring manager and another senior person

Interview Questions

• Basic finance questions, but the HR guy seems disinterested like he had something else to do and talked about himself a little too much about himself   1 Answer

SAP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orica.

Interview

I got hired through employee referral. So, it was easy access to HR and hence got scheduled for an interview with the IT Manager and Functional area experts. After answering few technical questions, I was asked to go through Drug test, background check and they sent the offer letter within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple and good technical questions to check overall knowledge in the subject.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate well before joining as this is the only time, you can ask for what you want.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orica.

Interview

Grueling. Filled out the application on paper and electronically, no less than 4 times. Took forever to actually get hired.

Interview Questions

• Interview went as I would expect. If you are not qualified, you will likely not get hired   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orica.

Interview

Hiring process quick and easy. Interview was a round robin with 3 to 4 different groups. Supposedly a STAR-type interview process. It wasn't always, more straight question and answer type questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, really. One was, tell me about a time you saw an unsafe action in a plant environment.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Orica.

Interview

Online assessment, online interview, and in-person interview with HR employee

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Bulk Mix Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orica (Jeffersonville, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Sat down with the plant manager and discussed the job, gave me the job and I had little to no experience, I am eternally grateful. Went over strengths, weaknesses, prior work history and experience

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, prior experience.   1 Answer

Internal Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homer, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orica (Homer, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Face to face with the manager of the site location I was applying for position. We reviewed my resume and went over each prior position and my job duties. Discussed the system they worked with and if I had ever worked with SAPS. They explained that someone would spend a week training me one on one for their system and what the job duties entailed.

Senior Supply Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orica (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process started through an agent, and after around 2 months I engaged for a first interview with HR department. After HR I went to the interview with the hiring manager, she was very friendly and asked very specific questions about my understanding of supply chain and the challenges that Orica is currently facing. After that interview, I did the SHL test and for the last phase I had a 3rd interview with a higher position manager where I solved a case study. The whole recruitment process in Orica was very fast and efficient (3 weeks only).

Administrator - Supply Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telok Blangah New Town (Singapore)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orica (Telok Blangah New Town (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process began when the Senior Talent Sourcing Advisor sent an email to acknowledge receipt of my application. She discussed my profile with the hiring manager and I got an interview with their Supply Lead the following week.

They'd apply two tests after the first interview; one to measure intellectual abilities and another to check excel skills.

A second interview follows the tests.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer (Supply lead) was quite friendly and started by asking about my previous experience.   Answer Question
    • Why did you quit your previous job?   Answer Question
    • She then explained what the company's operations are like and what the role's responsibilities are, and made sure I was aware it is a mid-shift role (15:00 - 00:00).   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with Orica and what do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • What significant achievements did you have in your previous role?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orica (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was 2 hours in length, panel of 2, HR present along with Line Manager. Usual interview questions. Interviewer made me feel at ease but asked some on the spot questions. Nice people interviewing, very professional . Came out of the interview feeling positive. Company well known and was really hoping to get the job.