Outten & Golden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outten & Golden Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Outten & Golden

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outten & Golden (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with a total of 4 people, some partners, other associates. They asked about my experience, why I wanted to work there, other usual questions. Some of the partners point blank indicated that they were looking for someone with more years of experience for the position, which came across as odd and unprofessional to me since the HR person had selected me for the interview so I was assuming that the my years of past experience would have been vetted prior to calling me in for an interview and wasting everyone's time. Perhaps HR should screen candidates and communicate with the partners about their needs in detail before calling in people for interviews to avoid this sort of misunderstanding.

Summer Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outten & Golden (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

There was only one interview in front of a panel. The questions were difficult, they were interested in writing and research skills. The panel was friendly but professional. Every year there seems to be a different panel, so the questions may vary and the personality of the interviewers as well. From my experience, all attorneys and staff at the firm are great and always willing to answer questions, even some of the partners. The work is hard because you have to research issues quickly. Law clerk gets to shadow a client interview with one of the partners. I was asked to prepare a presentation for the end of the internship about any legal issue I researched that I liked. All associates and partners meet once a week and discuss current legal issues and their work. The firm had a party for all the summer law clerks at the end and everyone showed up, even the managing partner who is very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your legal research process   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a call and an offer in mail. There was no negotiation.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Outten & Golden (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Short notice for interview, but I agree to come in. Receptionist is very nice and professional. 1 on 1 interview with Manager. Manager has 2 pages of questions. Questions range from Tell me about yourself., what are the strength and weakness. Questions about being organized and detail oriented.

Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outten & Golden in January 2008.

Interview

1:1 with a manager. the questions are mainly about your skills and your past experience. very friendly and allow you to express yourself.