Ovations Food Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ovations Food Services Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the add off of Indeed . The position was for a cashier in my towns ballpark. I went to the interview very hopeful . The interview was a very easy process , mainly questions about what makes me qualified. The woman hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came up to you and complained about the food being cold how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services (Sanford, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

it Started like any other interview. i was asked to pick a Day and time most convenient for me to come in and do a first interview. I Arrived promptly 10 minuets before the interview. after waiting almost an hour, i was finally able to meet with the manager and sit down in her office. She was very Professional yet surprisingly casual. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. i recieved a call 2 weeks later to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What Kind of Experience Do you Have in Concessions, Cooking, Money-Handling, and Management.   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Interview

Was a quick interview and was asked about questions about my past employment. From what I recall I explained to him the details regarding my previous employers in the past.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as far as I can remember, everything sort of went smoothly.   Answer Question

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Quick phone interview, and then an in person interview. Focused a lot on personality because the team spends so much time together! GM was personable and respectful. Even with no wiggle room on salary, the GM was willing to at least hear me out on why I thought I deserved more. As a sales person, you should negotiate on principle alone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was respected.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services in June 2014.

Interview

Called Ovations HR and set up interview
    One on one; two tier process (one interview with supervisor and one with general manager)
    Very laid back
    Go over rules of both Ovations and Zoo, dress code, and varied pay rates
    Filled Application out on site
    Walked away with confidence in getting called back

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous food services employment?   1 Answer

Concessions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services (Ridgefield, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very brief. Walked in and received job within 10 mins. The manager was on the phone outside before and during interview he received another call cutting interview short. Everyone interviewed was given the job without any other serving experience.

Interview Questions

• If i was able to liquor permit before i started. That was only qualification.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services.

Interview

They don't care they just fill the position to keep the Client quite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I interviewed at Ovations Food Services (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Online process was very long

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

It's a pretty simple Q&A. You don't need to have any real skills other than being able to lift a full keg. Just be respectful and show you want the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ovations Food Services in October 2013.

Interview

It was easy. Talk to managers and supervisors. Assistant controller and controller wanted to talk to me right away. They didn't know much about conducting an interview. They pretty much focuses how much I could and handle.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate because I was going to step down from 53K to 50K due to it was closer home and they told me it was going to be 40-45 hours a week.