Overdrive Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Overdrive Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

3.3

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive.

Interview

Over email the interviewer seemed very excited about my resume and experience, so I scheduled a phone conversation. The interviewer was 35 minutes late and was very unprofessional during the interview - interrupted me, barely let me get a word in when I was speaking about my own experience. At the end of the five minute conversation the interviewer told me I was not qualified for the position, even though their emails said otherwise. Complete waste of my time.

Ad Ops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive.

Interview

You had to do a presentation, math skills test and then meet with two people to present and then have a formal interview. I left feeling positive, but then the hiring manager never even answered my emails. It's unprofessional in my opinion to ask someone to spend a 5+ hours preparing a PowerPoint to present and not reach out saying they've decided to go with someone else when you've followed up in an email asking.

Interview Questions

• What is the shining moment of your career so far?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical question where you were given a client and asked what digital advertising plan you would do for them and what you would ask them   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with several people over the course of two days. First interview was team members and director of support services. Second interview was with more team members and team manager. Basic competency exam followed by several mini interviews with several different people. About 3 hours each day. A lot of the same questions over and over. It was almost like they were testing your endurance.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • If you could be any animal what would it be?   1 Answer

Interview

It was a standard Hiring and Interview Process for a web developer in a contract position. I respond to ad, then submitted a resume, then went in for a technical interview, followed by a business interview. Also got a tour of the office, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard for a contract position.

Application

Interview

The interview with Overdrive was somewhat quick and painless. I met with 4 different employees and was offered the job on the spot. This should have thrown a red flag up immediately. Overdrive will hire anyone and "Throw them against the wall to see if they stick". Be very wary that this is a place you want to work!

Interview Questions

• They actually asked one of those ridiculous critical thinking questions "How many gold balls could fit in a bus?"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive.

Interview

they grill you on technical details and also ask tough questions. the other interviews i did were just as tough. Not an easy process at all. There were a lot of times that they rescheduled I had to have 5 interviews in order to get the offer, which I ended up refusing

other reviews on glassdoor

Intern Interview

Interview

I had to go through one interview and was offered a position on the spot. I really loved the process - it was seamless and your supervisors know who exactly they are looking for.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive.

Interview

Met with them at campus internship fair. Followed up via e-mail and set up time for interview. Interview was pretty basic and about background.

Search Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Overdrive Interactive (Allston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was first asked to answer some rather generic questions via email about search marketing, along with two out of a possible 25 more detailed questions. Second round consisted of creating a hypothetical search campaign for a client of my choice.

Interview Questions

• Is it a benefit or drawback to show up multiple times on the same search results page?   Answer Question