PBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.4

NewsHour News Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview started off with a news quiz asking me questions such as the current state of the GOP health care bill. The interviewer also listed off countries and asked me to name their leader. In the remainder of the interview I was asked the standard questions about myself, my qualifications and why I wanted to work at NewsHour.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of news? If you were reading a news website which section would you read the most?   Answer Question

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, an phone interview with the hiring manager to discuss the position. General questions about your skill. Then a on-site interview in the office. With two directors. Mostly like chatting, asked me about how I did my projects, the process of analyzing, favourite projects, things like that. Not a very formal interview. Felt like they are looking for people who are more likable. The job is not very technical in modeling. I am waiting for the decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you do this project?
      How much time you need on analyzing a problem?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview to start, then went in person for 2.5 hours, meeting with multiple teams. Both phone interview and in person interviews seemed to go very well, with a lot of questions about my management experience, gaming out certain scenarios and how I would approach them, etc. It was all pretty standard and I felt very prepared for the different groups I met with. After the interview I never heard a word from anyone, which I thought was odd for such a big organization. Not getting an offer is no issue at all, but at least a courtesy email would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience based on my resume   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PBS (Davenport, IA).

Interview

Fast easy they made me very comfortable they ask very many questions pretty much longer you have license you will get hired with a clean background interview took no more than 15 to 20 30 minutes

Media Acquisitions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PBS (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I had been warned by a friend that currently works here that my potential boss had difficulty keeping people, had fired many and had issues with other females, generally favoring males more. It seemed this was correct and that I had immediately been sized up upon arrival. It was as if she either had a bad day or had predetermined that I wasn't a fit. This is strange because the rest of the company has a large female presence. I most certainly wouldn't want to work on that team, but would definitely consider other teams or positions. The salary associated with this position was inordinately low and wasn't even a livable wage for the area we live in. I believe this position is best suited to a recent college graduate who doesn't know they can and should work for more money.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PBS.

Interview

Easy interview, fairly unstructured. I was brought into a panel with two people during the first round of interviews. I saw the same two people during the second round. I got the offer in a phone call after that. There were a lot of questions but none were surprising or unexpected.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PBS (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with both the executive producer and CMO. We discussed the advertising space (broadcast and digital). We also discussed my experience in the food and wine category. Based on my past experience at Martha Stewart, Time Inc. Food & Wine's website, this seems to be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Discussed experience in the space, rolodex, and affinity for food and wine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy

App Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PBS in April 2016.

Interview

About 1-2 weeks after I applied I got an email to set up a phone interview. They seemed like very nice people. They ended up not filling the position at all due to unknown reasons and encouraged me to re-apply next summer. Overall was still a good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PBS in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was about previous experience and android fundamentals. Was asked about to describe any technically challenging tasks in previous experience. Later they asked me to provide github link to view my coding skills and projects. Received an offer after that.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PBS (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume and was contacted within a week. Talked to a very kind woman who explained that as an intern one would be working in all parts of broadcasting, getting to experience marketing to hands on camera work.

Interview Questions

• Where are some of your interests in broadcasting?   1 Answer