PCC Structurals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PCC Structurals Interview Questions

2.1

Shell Investment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PCC Structurals in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was done by the HR manager and one of the operations managers. She went through my resume and asked about my experience. I was then taken through the plant for a tour of the work area. I spent more time in the plant itself than actually interviewing. She had said they would be in touch sometime next week.

Interview Questions

For 12.00 an hour lifting molds weighinf between 4 and 75 lbs, I felt the pay was a little low

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PCC Structurals in March 2016.

Interview

Called me on a Sunday night (???) to ask me to interview. Missed phone interview by 2 hours. When I sent a follow up email, they told me that they gave the hiring manager my resume because of the email, and realized that I didn't have the right skill, which weren't on the job posting. But that's okay, since they had another job that I could do. Except that it was GED level work "with engineering as a foot in the door", and I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering. The whole process was so insulting that I'll never consider dealing with them again.

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by four hours of website testing, including logic, decision making, and hundreds of personality questions. Some divisions of PCC rely heavily (too heavily?) on this testing.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next company   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my universities job board website. Received a request for a phone interview within a week of applying. I had a phone interview with the HR generalist at 9AM in the morning and I was offered the position at 3PM that same day. Questions mainly centered around my resume and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How are you working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCC Structurals in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and scheduled an in plant interview. They were a little disorganized and didn't seem to communicate between divisions or departments. The guy interviewing me was intense and sweating during the interview. Seemed stressed out for some reason. I kept it cool and calm. He didn't seem interested from the get go. Apparently they fired the last two QA mgrs. Not the best scenario to walk into.

Interview Questions

• Typical industry questions, on experience, qualifications...again didn't seemed prepared or interested. Must have been up against some deadline. Asked "Why should we hire you?" type of questions...   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PCC Structurals.

Interview

I had to first interview at the career fair at school. recruiters are generally very receptive but ask some tough organizational and leadership questions. After the initial interview I was flown out to a facility for an on site interview. I had 3 one hour interviews with 2 engineers and an HR person. Asking mostly behavioral and leadership questions. The whole experience was tough but it was worth it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Groton, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

For interns, the interview process is basically just them trying to figure out what you know and if you're a good fit for the place. They'll teach you most of what you need to know since a lot of the stuff is company specific. For the most part, it's pretty much basic interview questions you would get from any other place. You usually get a call within a week of applying to schedule and interview, and it's just one interview.

Interview Questions

• It was primarily questions about things on the resume and some behavioral questions (i.e., name a time when....how did you handle it?).   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, you're not really able to negotiate. Also, they will make you decide really quickly on whether or not you're going to accept the position. Not a lot of time to consider other job offers you may have.

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (San Leandro, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Round interview process where you spoke to the management team. They management team went through a complete series of questions. Typical interview questions based on job and your resume.
    Engineering Manager, Quality Manager, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Accounting Manager, were all present in the interview process as well as the Vice President / General Manager of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a shipments if you ran out of boxes?   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Tilton, NH) in April 2013.

Interview

Was first contacted by phone from their HR department. First actual conversation on the phone turned out to be the phone interview with just an HR Manager. Following that, we setup an onsite interview which turned out to be about a half-hour tour of the plant and then talking with the HR Manager again (neither of which the HR Manager, nor the engineer who provided the tour actually worked at that facility). After my departure, I received a phone call from the HR Manager saying she was very happy with the visit and that they have not spoken to anyone in a long time that had my credentials or background and she felt I was a great fit for the position. Following that, I had a very brief phone conversation with the General Manager (basically the Plant Manager) who I would be reporting to. At the end of the call he indicated I would be hearing from the HR department very soon with an offer. Within a day I got a call from the HR Manager again and we talked for a minute and I expressed my concern that for such a high level position, I had not met any of the people that I would report to, or that would report to me, nor did I meet any of my future peers -- in fact, I hadnt met ANYONE who works at that particular location. I was offered another chance to come in and visit. So I made my second, 8-hour trip out to see them and this is where it all fell apart. I had some very basic requests of people I wanted to meet and things I wanted to see or discuss. Very few of those requests actually came true, and to my discouragement, I actually ended up sitting around in the lobby for the majority of the time I spent on-site. I met very briefly with two individuals who would be my direct reports, and one person who would be my peer. I shook hands with the General Manager and then he left for lunch and I want about to sit in the lobby any more and wait around.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. We basically went over my resume, I had a tour, and we talked briefly about benefits. I think I asked more questions than they did.   1 Answer

I selected 'Yes' here because I do strongly believe they had an offer ready for me before I requested a second visit -- I had verbal indications from the HR Department and the hiring manager than an offer was on the way. To clear things up, I never received a written offer because I declined the position after visiting a second time.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Portland, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

One internal

Interview Questions

• Only interested in how many people you supervised   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple