PCC Structurals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PCC Structurals Interview Questions

Interviews at PCC Structurals

2.3

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted resume. Was called by HR team and was asked to walk them through my resume. Had a follow-up call with a similar agenda -- essentially asking what about my experience and knowledge made me a good fit.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Groton, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

For interns, the interview process is basically just them trying to figure out what you know and if you're a good fit for the place. They'll teach you most of what you need to know since a lot of the stuff is company specific. For the most part, it's pretty much basic interview questions you would get from any other place. You usually get a call within a week of applying to schedule and interview, and it's just one interview.

Interview Questions

• It was primarily questions about things on the resume and some behavioral questions (i.e., name a time when....how did you handle it?).   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern, you're not really able to negotiate. Also, they will make you decide really quickly on whether or not you're going to accept the position. Not a lot of time to consider other job offers you may have.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PCC Structurals.

Interview

I applied through the company site and was invited to interview in Bend, Oregon. When greeted by the person responsible for staff, she was unpleasant and borderline rude. I couldn't see coming to her for a concern had I joined the company. Perhaps a change needed?

The interview was a panel of my greeter, plus 3 others and one would have been my boss. I could see myself working for her as she seems a natural leader and cared about the company.

However, during the course of our conversation I decided I could never work there. Everyone said I would be entering a high stress environment, 12 hour days are normal, and there would be semi-regular Sunday evening work to verify items would ship Monday. I asked if I could work an adjusted schedule for the following Monday as I would be there until almost midnight Sunday and I was told no flex time. I would be expected early Monday for the normal start time.

If the environment is so high stress and demanding of so much time, then your system is broken or upper management is hyper metrics driven and manages by instilling fear. I welcome a hard days work, but I won't surrender my life to a company.

Lastly was a short tour and I was impressed as the production like is busy, but everyone looked miserable.

I was told to follow up in a week if I didn't hear back, but I didn't bother.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than the other candidates?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PCC Structurals in February 2019.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews that were fairly standard questions.

On-site interview in Portland started off with being notified that 2 of 4 interviewers weren’t even in the office that day. Took a tour of plant where everybody seemed fairly miserable. Asked to schedule phone interview 2 weeks after visit with VP who was not in office during my on-site. After additional phone interview, was told an offer was going to be prepared “very soon”. Been over 2 months now and no response. Overall, company was abysmal and did not seem like an enjoyable place to work.

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Carson City, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired as a document control person but never was put into that position. I was put in manufacturing. They addressed this to let me know what their thinking was. Very poor communication!

Interview Questions

• Do you mind getting dirty? Was wondering what that had to do with being in document control   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by four hours of website testing, including logic, decision making, and hundreds of personality questions. Some divisions of PCC rely heavily (too heavily?) on this testing.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next company   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Tilton, NH) in April 2013.

Interview

Was first contacted by phone from their HR department. First actual conversation on the phone turned out to be the phone interview with just an HR Manager. Following that, we setup an onsite interview which turned out to be about a half-hour tour of the plant and then talking with the HR Manager again (neither of which the HR Manager, nor the engineer who provided the tour actually worked at that facility). After my departure, I received a phone call from the HR Manager saying she was very happy with the visit and that they have not spoken to anyone in a long time that had my credentials or background and she felt I was a great fit for the position. Following that, I had a very brief phone conversation with the General Manager (basically the Plant Manager) who I would be reporting to. At the end of the call he indicated I would be hearing from the HR department very soon with an offer. Within a day I got a call from the HR Manager again and we talked for a minute and I expressed my concern that for such a high level position, I had not met any of the people that I would report to, or that would report to me, nor did I meet any of my future peers -- in fact, I hadnt met ANYONE who works at that particular location. I was offered another chance to come in and visit. So I made my second, 8-hour trip out to see them and this is where it all fell apart. I had some very basic requests of people I wanted to meet and things I wanted to see or discuss. Very few of those requests actually came true, and to my discouragement, I actually ended up sitting around in the lobby for the majority of the time I spent on-site. I met very briefly with two individuals who would be my direct reports, and one person who would be my peer. I shook hands with the General Manager and then he left for lunch and I want about to sit in the lobby any more and wait around.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. We basically went over my resume, I had a tour, and we talked briefly about benefits. I think I asked more questions than they did.   1 Answer

I selected 'Yes' here because I do strongly believe they had an offer ready for me before I requested a second visit -- I had verbal indications from the HR Department and the hiring manager than an offer was on the way. To clear things up, I never received a written offer because I declined the position after visiting a second time.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PCC Structurals (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my universities job board website. Received a request for a phone interview within a week of applying. I had a phone interview with the HR generalist at 9AM in the morning and I was offered the position at 3PM that same day. Questions mainly centered around my resume and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How are you working in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCC Structurals in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and scheduled an in plant interview. They were a little disorganized and didn't seem to communicate between divisions or departments. The guy interviewing me was intense and sweating during the interview. Seemed stressed out for some reason. I kept it cool and calm. He didn't seem interested from the get go. Apparently they fired the last two QA mgrs. Not the best scenario to walk into.

Interview Questions

• Typical industry questions, on experience, qualifications...again didn't seemed prepared or interested. Must have been up against some deadline. Asked "Why should we hire you?" type of questions...   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PCC Structurals.

Interview

Applied to production interview role, but was told by HR that process engineer role was available and I could apply to that. After interview with 3-4 managers and plant tour was offered employment a couple weeks later.