PINT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PINT Interview Questions

Interviews at PINT

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PINT.

Interview

I wouldn't recommend this place... there are clearly some weird vibes and politics going on in here. I concur with the other review that the interviews at this place are just a sham in order to recruit highly vulnerable new graduates from UCSD, especially those who have taken classes taught by the CEO in order to pay them below-market-rate salaries. I would encourage people, especially UCSD students, to look elsewhere if they want to do meaningful work... don't be fooled by these con artists.

Interview Questions

PINT Response

Oct 8, 2018 – HR Administrator

I want to start by apologizing to this reviewer for the impression that they have taken from their experience with our recruiting process. I am responsible for initial contact and vetting of... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PINT (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a 1 hour phone interview with HR and then went in for another 1 hour interview in person. All the people I spoke with did not seem excited about working at PINT and were not that exciting to talk to. Never heard back from HR after the interview. They ignored all my e-mails.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PINT (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

In short, if you get to the second interview, don't get your hopes up too high. If you apply for senior positions and are confident in your abilities, I would still recommend you give it a try.

Pint's interview process was very unprofessional and unappreciative. I had a phone interview, went through their challenge process and got a second interview at their office. I won't go into too many details about my personal experience since I don't want to get into troubles in the industry later. At first sight, the company seems friendly and laid-back. However, there were some obvious flags of inside politics, red tapes, and poor leadership.

Pint's CEO teaches courses and have an extensive network in UCSD. According to some of my contacts there, this company might have filled entry-level and junior positions with students and graduates from the campus, for salaries relatively small comparing to the market standard. Related interviews are done as facades for abiding by labor laws. Some experienced engineers have left the company due to lack of promotion or poor leadership (see the reviews with bad ratings,) making the younger ones having to cover legacy codes or work outside their job specifications.

Interview Questions

• (No challenging question, but here is one:) can you tell us your impression about our code libraries?   Answer Question

Engage Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PINT.

Interview

I applied online through the Pinterest website. Heard back from them a week later telling me to book an interview. The interview consisted of 2 parts
    1) creativity testing.. Asked about how would I imported a bunch of random items

2) coding questions... Palindrome and lists

Interview Questions

• Palindrome
      Lists (append repeated number to end if list)   Answer Question

Information Architect and UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PINT (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from a hiring manager asking to setup a phone interview. Had an interview using Zoom Video Conferencing. Asked about my previous experiences and projects in detail. Some questions were quite technical. Some questions were challenging.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach to converting desktop design to mobile design?   1 Answer