PQ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PQ Interview Questions

2.2

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PQ in March 2016.

Interview

Received initial phone call after resume submission from HR representative. Then set up time to speak with hiring manager. Sent email within a week of the interview where an offer was then extended. Reviewed offer and accepted. Set up a tour to see the plant before starting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked if housing would be included, in which HR went back and checked and determined it would not be.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PQ (Chester, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied through my school sometime around February 2012. I received an email from HR sometime around the end of May. The phone interview was set up for the next day. There were basic behavioral questions and we went through my resume in detail. At the end of the phone interview they scheduled a one-on-one a couple days later; it was all very rushed. The one-on-one was very informal. There were a few basic questions just to gauge if I researched the company and we went through my resume, which was followed by a plant tour. At the end the manager told me I would hear from them either today or within this week. I received a call from HR 4 hours after my interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to gain more information about the production line or had issues with the equipment who would you contact.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No wage negotiation

Interview

3 15-30 minute interviews with 3 different people. There were 2 positions open so 2 of the interviewers were the direct managers for those 2 roles, and the 3rd was the laboratory manager. Each interview was one at a time as opposed to a panel style. Then there was a tour of the labs and facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time an experiment went wrong, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Techcian Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PQ (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with three members of the group and then toured the facility. The interview was friendly and focused around a discussion rather than direct personal questions. The discussion remained about my experiences and how maybe how they could relate to the position I am applying for.