PTC Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at PTC Therapeutics

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PTC Therapeutics (South Plainfield, NJ).

Interview

Overall went well. I first spoke to the HR manager on the phone and he mostly told me about the company. I was then invited for a full day interview and met around 6 managers. Everyone was very friends and generally just wanted to get to know me. I prepared for numerous interview questions (i.e. weaknesses, strengths, why I want to work there, why choose me, etc.) but very few of those were asked and it seems like they just wanted to get to know me.

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC Therapeutics (South Plainfield, NJ).

Interview

At first, I had a quick phone chat with HR manager when I was told about the on-site interview process. It took about a month or so for them to finalize the date/time of the interview. When I got there, I had to talk to a HR director first who was mostly telling me about a company and I kept asking him as many questions as I could. Then, I went on to get interviewed by the hiring manager who asked me about my experience, why I chose their company and whether I still wanted to do my postdoc rather then going to industry. Next part was one hour presentation I had to give talking about my PhD project with an emphasis on skills required for the position. After that, I had about 5-6 30 min interviews with vice presidents, senior directors, scientists from various departments. During one hour lunch break I spoke very informally to my prospective immediate colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to apply for particular position in their company?   Answer Question

Organic Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PTC Therapeutics (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Very nice campus recuiter and the process went on smoothly. Over half an hour presentation with 20 minutes Q&A. 2 recruiters with different scientific background. You need to prepare very well to answer the following questions.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PTC Therapeutics (South Plainfield, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions about school and what I have learned. After looking at my resume some questions followed about previous job experiences and organizations I was apart of at school. It was a friendly atmosphere and I did not feel pressured at all. I could tell the interviewer was interested and listened carefully to the answers I provided.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish to accomplish at this internship?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at PTC Therapeutics (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process but ended no feedback. When i interviewed there, I thought the human resources department was very well organized and questions from HR are very professional and very specific to the job itself. I was indeed very impressed. But after my interview, there was no message of hire or not hire. I was in a job market at that period, after 2-3 weeks, I gave up my waiting. Not a professional way for recruitment.