Pacific National Exhibition Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific National Exhibition Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.1

Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

Group interview with group activities. There are many applicants so we were split into tables. First we were asked to introduce ourselves with a little ''Tell me about yourself/what are 3 adjectives that describe you'' and then maybe our table was a bit behind on time so we jumped right into playing Jenga. Each block you pull out has a number on it that corresponds to a situational question. The interviewer did not tell us who starts the game so that would be a good opportunity to volunteer to go and show your initiative. Also smile a lot and pay attention to what your fellow interviewees are saying, and when you answer look at everyone at your table and not just the interviewer, it will show you are friendly. (the interviewer also mentioned at the start to not just look at him but look at everyone at your table too)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a visitor wants to bring a dog into the park but it is not allowed?   1 Answer

Prize Home Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy online application (found on PNE website). All you need is a resume (a cover letter and reference letters really help). Also, if you are a first-time employee, you need a SIN (social insurance number, but they don't ask for that until after you're hired).

Interview Questions

• All you need to know about the PNE's group interviews:
      This job only requires a group interview, but some other have a second, one-on-one interview. Can't help you there, sorry. You will be called to the group interview through email and at that time you select your top three positions that you would want if you're hired (they send a description of the positions with the "offer of interview" email). Don't worry if you change your mind after you send these in: I had the option to change my choices at the interview. When you arrive at the PNE, you need to go inside and sign in, and receive a nametag and your group number. They will be a large crowd of people outside, some with nametags and some without (group interviews have approx. 150-200 people). Make sure you get your nametag: many people are confused as to what to do. Applicants are then called into the room and you will need to find your table. This will have 8-10 people and one (maybe two) interviewers. The people around you have usually selected similar jobs to you so you all have something in common. When the interview starts, your interviewer will introduce themselves and hand out sheets where you mark down your availability. Let the games begin (no, seriously: the whole interview is games)! First game played is two truths, one lie (I would assume to break the ice and give the interviewer and idea of each person's personalities). After that, you play charades (each person has to get an object, situation, sight, etc. that can be found at the PNE. Then, there is a chance to say a bit about yourself using prompts they give you ("What are your interests?", "Name something you've achieved in the past year"). Following this, you get to play JENGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (I apologise, that was how my interview announced it - shows you how laid back these interviews are). The difference in this Genga game is that each piece you pull out has a situation that you need to reply to (for example "A guest of considerable size, who has been waiting in the hot sun for an hour, has reached the front of line at your ride and you have realised that he will not be able to fit on the ride due to the safety restrictions. What do you do?"). To end off, there is a math test (out of 8, you need 5 to pass and be considered for positions with cash handling). If you have passed grade 5 math, you will pass. I 100% guarantee or your money back.* That's all. It's easy peasy and if you talk a lot and don't say anything bad, you'll be fine.

*I don't actually guarantee.   Answer Question

Candy Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition in July 2017.

Interview

You do introductions, play a few games, then do a basic math test. Very easy. It wasn't difficult to do at all. It's done in a group and the people in your group are around your age.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see a co-worker giving out free stuff to their friends?   Answer Question

Games Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

Interview

first interview was good. you sit in a group, play games and answer questions. took around an hour, and there was a very easy math test at the end, you would answer questions about receiving change(very small amounts)

Rides Attendant Interview

Application

Interview

Very laidback interview in a large room with approximately 200 other people. Everyone sits at different tables with one interviewer based on what job you applied for.

The first thing we did was just mark down our availability.

First we went around the table and said our name, why we applied, and three adjectives that described ourselves.

After that, we played two truths, one lie. Nothing much to this.

Then, we played a game kind of like Heads Up. You put a word/phrase on your head and everyone gives you clues so you can guess it.

Afterwards, we went around the table and talked about our last volunteer/work experience and how that would prepare us for the PNE, what we like to do in our free time, and one achievement of ours.

Following that, we just played Jenga. each piece had a different number on it, which corresponded to a situation (not necessarily about the job you applied for). Mine was if I was selling lottery tickets and someone comes up wanting some, but I had just run out, what would I do. Other ones included what would you do if you saw a bee near a food machine, what would you do if someone was too big to go on a ride, and what would you do if you were in a backroom and you saw some loose wires that had fallen from the ceiling.

Finally, there was a very simple math test. All the numbers are nice and round and there aren't any weird cents that need to be dealt with.

Some positions needed a second interview but rides attendant wasn't one of them.

Very easy interview, just speak up (but don't talk too much over other people) and volunteer to go first one or two times.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, why did you apply, and what are three adjectives to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What is your last work/volunteer experience and how did that prepare you for the PNE, what do you like to do in your free time, and what is an achievement of yours?   Answer Question

Games Attendant Interview

Application

Interview

We did a group interview, and there's tons of people there. If you did good, wait a week or so and they'll email you saying you got the job but for Games Attendant, you have to do a second interview. The second interview is so chilled out and relaxed, and my interviewer told me and my peers to answer the questions "not in the way you were taught to". These questions are strange and unconventional, but it's a lot more fun than playing Jenga with people you don't know. ;)

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of a sandwich?   1 Answer

Ticket Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied for Ticket Seller and attended group interviews where we did introductions, describing a recent accomplishment, and played jenga (labelled with a number corresponding to a scenario).
    I ended up getting concessions position instead. There was no second interview for concessions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a co-worker giving things for free to their friends.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

submitted my application online and was contacted for a brief 5 minute phone interview within the next few days. I was then invited for an in person interview. While I was waiting in the lobby for my turn, I could hear two HR girls loudly talking smack about a previous interview they had and how it was so long and she kept talking on and on. Not very good optics to begin with. Interview was very scripted however not irregular.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had conflict with another colleague?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

There's quite a few people, easily around 200 on the day of the interview. It is a group interview of about 6-8 people per table, with one or two interviewers per table. Mostly played games to get to know one another. It was a very friendly, relaxed experience

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

Group interview with group activities. You have to demonstrate leadership and initiative to get the pass and onto the individual interview. Group interview is very impersonal and seems flawed considering that the interviewers weed you out while barely having spoken to you in such a big group. Also test your basic arithmetic.

Interview Questions

• They only asked one question, I think. It was scenario based.   Answer Question