Palmer-Donavin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palmer-Donavin

2.5

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palmer-Donavin (Burnsville, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Then received an initial short phone screening interview, which ended with an offer to come in for an in-person interview. Email followed with driving directions and confirmation of in-person interview. Then interviewed with a new site manager. He shared their timing for hiring, so I thanked him, mailed a thank you, and followed up with next steps, but it took a little while to find out I was not chosen to move forward. Was hard to figure out what happened.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work ethic?   1 Answer
    • What are your goals?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in the construction industry?   1 Answer
    • I asked them how long they had been there; only about a year, and had acquired a previous businesses and transformed it into Palmer-Donavan Doors. Sorry, don't remember the name of the previous biz there.   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Jackson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palmer-Donavin (North Jackson, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

The people in charge of the transportation at PD were amazing people. They seemed to be stand up guys and straight forward. The company as a whole seemed to have a lot to offer an employee and can easily be your last place of employment. They responded quickly to my application and got an interview immediately. The interview was fairly common for an interview process.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palmer-Donavin (Rockford, IL).

Interview

Normal interview, basic questions. A lot of questions about former jobs and what I did. Went through every job on resume. Wanted to contact former supervisors for a couple jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is something your former employer would say you need to improve upon.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palmer-Donavin in November 2017.

Interview

After phone interview, they set you up for a face to face but only if you take the initiative and call them back. At the face to face there are three interviewers, but only one asks the most questions. None of them are minorities, so if your black don't expect them to understand any of your day to day struggles. They ask lots of questions about what you like and dislike about your former employers and what they may or may not like/dislike about you. Which I think is ridiculous, because how would you know how someone else feels about you? They really pick you apart based on the negative things that you said about yourself even if you have a hard time thinking of bad things about yourself. I always know if someone doesn't like me by their handshake and if they grab you by the knuckles instead of the palm of your hand and allow you to get a good grip is a good indication that they are discriminating against you. Overall I still like the concept of the company, but I'd have to meet a successful black person in their company to believe that I didn't get hired for any reason other than my race.

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palmer-Donavin.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to do an in person interview that week. Interviewed for about an hour and was hired the next day. Interview was pretty informal, not looking for a genius, just somebody who is willing to put in hours.