Papyrus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

1.9

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Papyrus (Bridgeport, CT).

Interview

The interview process is literally "be a friend of someone who works there." That's it. Don't bother applying otherwise. No interview. Hired sight unseen. Worked out for them. I was young and dumb and now I stay because I get paid to read sometimes.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Papyrus (Ypsilanti, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied to the position online by sending in my resume to the email address they had on the mall site. A couple of hours later, I received a call from the manager and she asked when I would be available for an interview. So the response time was VERY FAST, which was awesome. I went in the next day ( I didn't bring my resume because I knew she had a copy already) for my interview and the manager was really nice. I knew I had the job because she told me she absolutely loved my resume and loved how I formatted it. We sat outside of the store (in the mall) and she asked a few basic questions. Most of the interview was spent by her explaining the history of papyrus, which was cool, even though I already researched the site. She offered me the position and I accepted. She then told me that I would receive a call from her district manager the next day so that she could get to know me too.
    I did receive a call the next day by the district manger. She seemed nice but sort of distracted. I understood that she had a busy morning, though. She asked me more basic interview questions then offered the position once again, and I accepted.

Selling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papyrus (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I walked into a store to retrieve an application. After filling out the application and submitting a resume, I received a callback later in the week by a manager where we scheduled a time and a place for an interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Typical interview questions. Interviewer seemed annoyed to have to take time out of her day to talk to me.

This was my 3rd interview (2nd in person interview). It's been two weeks and no one has called, emailed, or written to offer/decline to offer me a job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you?"
      "What would your current supervisor tell me about you?"
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Papyrus (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Horrible. The woman didn't even look me in my face or greet me, no hand shake. When I told her my name she was just kind of (like yea ok whatever just sit down.) Not to mention I had to wait for her to be ready to interview me.

Part-Time Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Papyrus (Boulder, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was painless, the Manager of the store was extremely easy to talk to she made me feel very comfortable. After the my interview, she walked me through the store and informed me about what products we sell, custom printing, what would be expected of me for customer service.

Interview Questions

• My sales experience. How I would approach a customer that has just arrived in the store. My availability. Why I like Papyrus   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offered to me was satisfactory. No negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Papyrus (South Bend, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied and got an emailed response within two days. Did an interview about a week later. Got a response about filling the position the next day. You could tell they were in a pinch to find good management quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Experience in management?
      How would you benefit this company?
      Answer Question

Selling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Papyrus (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

At first I interviewed with the Store Manager at the location. It was in the front of the store which I found odd. I've never been interviewed on the sales floor but he didn't seem bothered by it. After that he told me that the Area Manager would interview me. It was scheduled 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• 1)How would you deal with a customer who is irate or not happy with the service they are receiving?

2)How would you deal with a customer that is committing theft within your store?
      1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Honestly the woman who interviewed me barely asked me anything. She let me know she didn't like my outfit though, because I wasn't wearing all black. She told me she would call to set up a second interview if it got that far, and instead called to offer me the position of a selling supervisor. She ensured me that I would start in this role and my performance would be reviewed in 4-6 weeks; no one worked with me to train me properly so I didn't get my promotion for months.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Papyrus.

Interview

Dropped off application to to store. If they call, the Standard question and answer chat once application is reviewed to see if you meet the qualifications and fit the need they're looking to fill.