Patterson-UTI Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Patterson-UTI Energy

Universal Pressure Pumping Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for a Midland Tx position, but only spoke with HR from a Houston area code. First call lasted less than a minute when I asked a question about the position and was told she'd have to ask someone and call me back. Didn't get another call for over a week, and she clearly didn't remember having called me the first time. At this point she informed me I was being interviewed for a different position than the one I had applied to. While she was scheduling me for the next round of interviews (in person at facility) I asked another very basic question she was unable to answer and was again told that she'd look into it and call me back. She didn't call back, and I didn't receive confirmation for the next interview, a time, nor a location. Midland division needs to take a better role in the hiring process.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy.

Interview

Very standard and simple interview. First a screening phone interview and then a face to face interview. Essentially hiring manager explain job details and ask simple questions about your self and previous work experience.

Floorhand Interview

Interview

Put app in on a monday, got a call for interview Thursday for the following Wednesday. Very smooth process. 4 small tests, interview, "conditional" job offer(based on drug test results). Got email following friday confirming start date.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake youve made at a job. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Floorhand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Campbell, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy (Fort Campbell, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

Patterson UTI goes above and beyond for their employees. Overtime is almost always avaiable. Great healthcare. They supply a lot of what is needed. Free housing while working. Great hours. The interview was fast and thorough. you could tell they really cared about their employees and safety. It was a great experience and really enjoy working for this company.

Rig Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy (Tyler, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was more of a question about how I worked with my rig manager and my men rather what I new about the job or what experience I had to get to this position. Never new that I had a Degree in engineering nor did ask about my pass employment to find out that I had already been a manager for a international airline or that I was a pilot in command.

Interview Questions

• what was the worst conflict have I had with a employeer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was impressed the interview qas the best part of the job, from there on it was slowly down hill, everybody was very kind and understanding of the fact that we had drove 1,300 miles to be there

Interview Questions

• witch one of the following drugs are your favorite   1 Answer

Negotiation

Roughneck Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Energy in August 2011.

Interview

Personality test followed by multiple one on one interviews. After the testing and interviews with several area managers there was an offer of employment followed by a hair follicle test.