Paul Scherrer Institut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paul Scherrer Institut Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paul Scherrer Institut

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villigen (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Scherrer Institut (Villigen (Switzerland)) in November 2015.

Interview

One day on-site interview, including meeting with HR and laboratory head, section head separately, and scientific presentation to the whole section, also several separate discussions with group members and a guided lab tour

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, strength and weakness, your expectation from superior   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villigen (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paul Scherrer Institut (Villigen (Switzerland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview type - spend the day with the team
    You are invited to participate on several group events, like external/internal seminars
    Prepare a presentation on a certain topic for the group you'll be working with
    Have an interview with the group leader, HR and the laboratory leader
    Depending on your place of residence, they will have you sleep over at the guesthouse

Interview Questions

• Past experience (work, studies, internships, voluntary)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join the team that handles a certain research topic   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Scherrer Institut in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was organized well. The technical stuff was rather easy but the people there seems to be more interested if you fit well in the team and there way they work.

Expect to have some surprises on the road like: contract work usually 3 years which is not advertised in the job description and also on call duties (like one week out of 2-3 moths).