Pavlov Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pavlov Media

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pavlov Media (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a joke.

First they do a general phone interview with the HR person to see if you sound like a normal human being. This was fine. Then they make you take a personality test and then they spend the whole interview telling you that your personality isn't suited for the job. Finally, the CEO tries desperately to establish dominance through ridiculous and unrelated questions, leaving you thankful that you didn't get a job offer.

After my phone interview and personality test, I got in and began my interview with the hiring manager and HR manager. Things seemed normal and positive. The CEO, who was running 30 minutes late for a one hour interview, came in with a big frown on his face and insisted that I start all over again. He made a comment about a 'blip' on my resume--meaning a job where I only spent one year. Keep in mind that this was between two 10 year plus tenure jobs. Then he started asking all sorts of questions that were entirely unrelated to the position--"What is Ethernet?" "How many wires in CAT5 cable" "Define a WAN and a LAN". Then I didn't even get to ask any of my questions before they ushered me out without even shaking my hand. I sent the obligatory thank you email and never heard another word from them. You would think they would have the courtesy to send a rejection letter, but they didn't. I've never been so happy to not get a job offer.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pavlov Media.

Interview

The first two interviews went well enough, until the CEO was involved. The position was for someone with general technical knowledge. The last interview consisted of the CEO quizzing me on Networking details and coding, which had nothing to do with the position. I found out that these clowns under-pay for all their positions, and he was not going to pay me near what I was asking. The last time I looked, this position was downgraded to some kind of secretarial job with a GED or high school diploma required. Before the last interview, I watched an interview of the CEO, and he had the gall to act like he invented the word tesseract for their stupid internet service called some variant of that. All it is is some peer to peer networking they have with Google and other search engines. The CEO is a tyrant, and acts like a three-year-old. Run, don't walk away from this place!!!

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know all kinds of rate of speeds for networking and ORACLE SQL syntax questions that had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pavlov Media.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three rounds: phone interview, proficiency exam, and then in-person interview. Phone interview was basic phone interview while in-person interview took care of the specific programming challenges. Expect to know your language well and solve challenges without the use of IDE. Proficiency test ranged from easy to difficult tests that they didn't expect you to fully pass unless you're an extremely great Senior level programmer.

Interview Questions

• Proficiency Exam of sorting black-red tree was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Tier II Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pavlov Media (Champaign, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

1 person in first interview, 2 in second

general questions on how you work with others, solve problems, etc.

Vice President of Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pavlov Media (Champaign, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

This company did not take time out of their busy schedules to dedicate to interview me properly. It seems they were more interested in my ability to raise money or who I knew in the venture capital world than my skill sets. This was very frustrating and I did not let them know that some of their previous funding had came from a friend of mine. I left that out of the equation for a good reason and now have moved on to another company that is their competition. Unfortunately the company I am advising now as a strategic plan to take over their ill managed properties and I am sure this will happen given the sophistication of this company and market position.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about gaining VC funding?   1 Answer

Unprofessional and no follow through on their word. When you say your going to do something you make it a priority to do it.