Peanut Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peanut Labs Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.2

Strung Along Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peanut Labs.

Interview

I just wanted to say I was really disappointed with the way the HR manager conducted this interview process. She seems really nice (as do most of the folks at this co) but things quickly went downhill. After my onsite interview, I followed up with her to schedule my 2nd interview (per the hiring manager). She'd ask for my availability then go dark for weeks, then ask for my availability again. We did this dance 3-4x. Perhaps they had another candidate in mind, decided to take another path etc. but don't string me along. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Peanut Labs Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Accounting & HR Manager

Hello, I'm so sorry you had a negative experience with us. We strive for great recruiting experience for our candidates, so my apologies yours was less than stellar. Sometimes our recruiting ... More

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peanut Labs (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position on Tuesday, received an email from the recruiter within 1 day saying that there will be a screening call on Monday. Friday afternoon the position got closed after somebody took the offer, still after I email the recruiter, she insisted that she wants to go ahead with the call as they are planning to open new position. I was called in the office to talk to the director. The director came into the interview without even reading my resume, after giving her a printed copy, she started reading my resume in front of me. She had no idea of what new position they were planning to generate and she wasn't interested in talking to me. Later I understood it was the recruiter that was interested in bringing me in and not the director (hiring manager).

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peanut Labs (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably my best interview process by far. People working there are generally young, motivated and super friendly. They value team culture, so working there should almost seem as hanging out with friends. Interview process takes a few hours, they will test your technical skills (as a software engineer) and let you meet the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• This is something that I cannot disclose but I would say they focus on more hands-on abilities pertaining to your interviewed position itself.   1 Answer

- Interview

Interview

Looks like a good company. Good friendly people. Courteous and the process did not drag on for too long. Phone screening was first, followed by in person interview. Overall a good experience.

Withheld Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peanut Labs.

Interview

After initial contact with the recruiter through email, scheduling a phone interview with the hiring manager was a mess. After giving my available times to speak with the hiring manager, silence followed for the next few days. Next time I hear back from the recruiter, the proposed phone interview time was within 2 hours. This process repeated itself for over a week.

The Hiring Manager was late to call during the Phone Interview. We went over my background, and what I did at each company listed on my resume. The call itself dropped several times, possibly due to Hiring Manager calling from his personal mobile number, and stepping into the elevator multiple times.

All in all, not impressed with their interviewing etiquette.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Basic go over your resume questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peanut Labs (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Completed a challenge on CodeEval, and the next day got an email asking me to come for an in-person interview.

When I got there, the hiring manager asked me a few usual interview questions, and then gave me a piece of paper with a programming question on it and left the room. The first question was to build a JSON parser and do some fancy output. That took about 3 hours, and I didn't quite finish. I then spoke briefly with another co-worker about my answer to the problem, and was given a sandwich. Then they gave me more paper, with yet another problem on it to build a survey creation tool using HTML/Javascript. I told them I didn't know javascript, so they gave me an internet connection and left the room. After about 4 hours, I had the basics down, but again did not finish.

They asked me to then finish up both problems at home, and if I did so, I would be invited for another interview.

The entire process took 7 hours, plus the time to do the initial CodeEval problems, and the several hours to complete the problems at home. I didn't get much time to ask questions about the position.

I was invited for a second interview, however, given the fact that I was a student, and they wanted yet another 7 hour interview with me, I just didn't have the time to commit to the process so I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Peanut Labs (Sandy, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

I had an interview at the company couple of days ago. I was asked to solve and code for a problem involving encryption and hashing. There was no time limitation and it took me an hour to come up with a code.
    but he said I got a wrong answer so I could not pass for the next round. The guy gave me a problem was pretty cold and never gave me any hint. it was a pretty bad experience

Interview Questions

• what is the minimum number would an alphanumeric string be when we don't know the base and what number each character maps to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peanut Labs (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I get one phone interviews. In the phone interview, they asked me a lot questions about PHP and JAVA
    Because I have a lot of experience about Java programming. They ask me something about projects I developed before. They also asked something about general idea of programming such as what program is considered to be good program.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was fine. Interviewers seemed all over the place and unprepared. One of the interviews, the second one out of three, I met with several other employees who were supposed to talk to me and gauge how well I would fit in the company. All kind of awkward to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember there being any. All your regular- "strengths?" "weaknesses?" etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.