PennWell Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.6

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Tulsa, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who showed a lot of interest in my work experience. Had to fill out an application online, then followed up with an interview with two of the senior managers in the advertising department.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can offer that other candidates cannot?   Answer Question

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

One to one talk on personal experience, work responsibilities, education, knowledge of the industry, writing skills, and other little things. The interviewer introduced the team members, and the history of the company. Very relaxed interview.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation.

Interview

The interview was via Skype and it was very casual and laid back. It lasted only about 15 minutes and there were no difficult questions, aside from "What is your biggest weakness." I just talked about what I had done in my professional past and they had me email an editing test to the supervisor. There was no drug test or background check, and they didn't even ask me for references. It was the easiest interview I've ever experienced.
    After I accepted their offer of employment, though, I found that the interviewer had not been honest with me about what to expect from the job and mislead me about the outlook for the company, which is the reason for citing this interview as a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of environment do you feel most comfortable working in?
      What's your biggest weakness?
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brattleboro, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Brattleboro, VT) in May 2015.

Interview

Lasted over an hour and there were many many questions. Started with a phone interview and then was called for an in person meeting. Met with two other people and one person traveling on the phone. Very difficult, thought-provoking questions!

Interview Questions

• If we asked your former boss, what are three words they would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

It took them around a month to get back to me after my application and we had an impromptu (but very easy) phone interview. I came in for an in-person interview the following week, where I met with a recruiter and my two potential supervisors. I heard back from them the day after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer creative writing over technical writing? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Chief Editor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation.

Interview

Company was very focused on making sure that I had industry knowledge, passion and a keen interest in the job. Met with a wide variety of people, all of whom influenced the decision-making process.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific plans around digital media strategy   Answer Question

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Tulsa, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting a few published articles I had written, I was asked to come in for a brief interview. During the interview, I was asked all the standard questions human resource always asked: Questions about my previous employment, why I had left, what my duties were at the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty simple. They sent an offer letter and I accepted.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

got a phone call from the HR, she asked me a few questions regarding the job then set up an interview with the hiring manager.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (West Palm Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Was hired by a former colleague. Spoke on the phone to review the opportunity. Discussed role within the organization as well as opportunities for growth. Then, set up an in person interview at a neutral location. Flew to that location about a week after the initial phone call and Was offered the job within two weeks of the in person interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PennWell Corporation (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Initial contact by HR. Two panel interviews. I'm sure this varies by group however as there is no corporate policy.

Interview Questions

• How will you go about becoming a contributor in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered was acceptable. Opted for more vacation time based on years of experience vs. time with the company.