Penske Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Penske Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.6

Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

Interview

series of questions and personal and business goals. asked about automotive experience & level of communication and transparency skills. same questions were asked in different ways as well. will ask why i had left other employers & if this was looked at as a long term position

Interview Questions

• how can i provide value to the company? How can i provide value to our customers?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

After they offered me a position, asked me to fill out a lengthy application, there was no follow up. I emailed both sales managers asking for a status. never received an email back. then i started contacting hr. Again - no status. i finally got a response - over a month later: "sorry, i thought hr would have followed up and told you - we decided to go with another candidate. Really? i turned down other job offers, number 1. number 2 - its not hr's job to contact me, it's yours!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation were I would present myself to a prospective client.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

Interview

The area coordinator informed me there will a personal interview with office manager, and week ago received call from manager told me the interview information. The first interview lasts thirty min includes background introduce and skill tests. The office manager is so nice to share with the story about coworker and fun things among the staffs in the company. Also had a comfortable and straightforward conversation, however, the manager never call again after interview. Even wanna follow up via phone, unfortunately nobody receive call anymore. So sad.

Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (Warren, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Recommended through a friend. Easiest interview I've ever had. All questions appeared to certify that you're capable of basic human capacities. I walked in to the building, spoke with the supervisor for all of 5-10 minutes about how easy the job truly is, and then took a brief tour of the entire shop. Started work the next day.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (El Monte, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. At the bottom level the Accountant and team member were professional, asked job related questions. The next step is either you move ahead or you don't. THEY SEND A ROBOTIC EMAIL.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Just sitting and talking briefly not to in depth. Very Casual. The HR person was very nice and knowledgeable. They asked very good questions then I had to fill out an application as well as taking a short test on work situations that might come up and be awkward to deal with. the interviewer also spoke about future plans for Penske and the next growth spurt that they have coming up in the near future.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a job, why do I want to leave my current job,
       what kind of pay are you expecting,
      Why would I like to work for Penske.
      why would you be a good candidate for Penske.
      1 Answer

Internet Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (Duluth, GA).

Interview

You will initially interview with internet sales director, then followed by GSM an GM. The director is the one who determines if hired or not. Once Job is offered you'll be contacted by an outside background research company to verify the information on your application, including last 10 years work and home information.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to do Online video's as responses to customer inquiries.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to request a specific future time, and a specific day off due to school.

PBX Operator/Receptionist Call Center Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I received a thank you for my interested email. Advising the location of the call center, the position expectations, details, work schedule (11-7PM) and hourly pay. I was told to respond back if interested to set up an interview.

I responded, she responded, we scheduled an interview for the next day.

I went in, sat and waited for her to come down at the reception area. She came down and we went back upstairs.

The call center area is pretty small with window freeway view. The people there seemed to be all white women with a lot of empty seating.

The interview process consisted of discussing my resume and experience. Following a lengthy time being shown the software used to direct customers and discussing the phone system.

After, I was asked a series of 20 questions, what are my weakness, strength. How do I handle being influenced, how do I handle conflict with coworkers, etc. I think the questionnaire should be eliminated it was somewhat irrelevant and unnecessary.

After about 40 minutes, I was given a application packet to complete and told, disappointingly, the hiring process.

The hiring process is first an initial interview, a phone interview, following another 2 interviews with the director and someone from HR.

A criminal, credit, MVD driving, drug and background check information release conducted by a 3rd party group.

To intensive of a hiring process for a small call center position.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like from your previous employer?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was a friend of the New Car Sales Manager. I was told to bring my driving record and resume. He scheduled the initial interview. It was great. We just talked about our lives in the auto industry. Scheduled 2nd interview on the spot with the General Manager. I was warned several times not to be late. I was early. He was over an hour late, and it was the quickest interview I've ever had. He said he "liked my attitude." I was told I would be contacted for 3rd interview with the Area Vice President. And again, I was early. He was late. After interviews, a very intensive background check with 2 hour phone interview. It was around a 4 week process.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Penske Automotive Group in July 2014.

Interview

To much hype, They painted blue but at the end of everything you have to fight to every single dollar. If I would have known how it was going to be, I'll would have stayed in my previous job.