Pepper Hamilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pepper Hamilton Interview Questions

2.8

Entry Level - Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pepper Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially met with HR / hiring managers. Was asked questions about background. Very straight forward interview stuff.

A couple days later I met with the other paralegals and attorney that I would be working with. this round was a bit more intimidating. Essentially I was repeatedly asked if I could handle a lot of work.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get any classic interview questions like "What is your greatest weakness?" or anything. It was all a pretty natural conversation.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pepper Hamilton (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

After the initial on campus interview Pepper had an interesting interview process for the call back interview.

There were three main interviews. One was the standard meeting with a mid-level associate who asked you about your experience, interest in the firm, etc. The second interview was regarding a work product/paper you submitted to them before the call back. The interviewer would ask questions and play devil's advocate. The third interview is regarding a hypothetical situation and the questions focused on ethical issues.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to live in or around Philadelphia.   1 Answer

Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pepper Hamilton (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview was very quick. and most questions had to do with what/why you left your old job, how long did you hold your previous position(s), why did you want to interview for this job, etc.
    Office interview was different, be prepared to do a lot of the talking. This was not a scripted interview. they make youf feel very comfortable and tell you everything under the sun about the company, i.e., reason why the position is open, what is expected of the new hire, benefits, vacations, sick days, etc. then they will ask you if you have any questions. Which was particularly hard to answer since they had covered everything. They ask you to tell them about yourself, duites and what you expect out of the position.

Interview Questions

• most significant professional weakness?   1 Answer

Corporate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pepper Hamilton (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2008.

Interview

Very fair hiring. Common to most law firm experiences. Interview with 1, 2 or 3 partners and 1 or 2 associates. Not too specific in terms of legal questions. More general "fit" questions and whether they liked you. Having worked there, the sheet that the attorney fills out grading the interview is pretty simple. Will this person bring a high quality of analysis and can they get the work done. Also, having a connection to Philadelphia (or the greater region) is important to show.

Interview Questions

• What is your connection to Philadelphia?   1 Answer
    • There are no specific "what if this happened" type questions. You will generally be asked about your experiences and why you want to practice at a big firm.   Answer Question

Attorney, 6th-Year Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pepper Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview

Very friendly attorneys in general. I interviewed with several partners. A couple of partners asked me some fairly tough legal questions, but most of the interviewers seemed more interested in getting to know me as a person to see if I would fit in to the culture there. It's a plus if you express interest in working on projects outside of your practice area since I understand that associates from other practice areas often are asked to help with projects from the firm's busy health effects law practice.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer.