Perenco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Perenco Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Interview

I got an interview through a recruitment agency and was invited to meet with the Senior HR person in Paris.

This was the most unprofessional interview I've had in my entire life.

The HR person after picking me up at reception and introducing herslef invited me to her office. She didn't offer me anything to drink and before I even sat down asked me if I had brought a CV. This is quite uncommon nowadays so I responded "No I didn't I'm sorry. Did you receive my CV from the recruiter? Otherwise I'm here now and I can talk you through my experience". She responded in a very cold way "The CV is from the recruitment agency, they don't put any information on them!", then she added "I don't understand those candidates who don't bring a CV to an interview!"

At that point I decided to remain professional ang get through it.

She finally found my CV and asked me to talk about my experience which I did. While I was talking, she was checking e-mails on her laptop and clearly didn't pay full attention to what I was saying. At some point, a colleague came into the room while I was still talking and they both started a little conversation about a printer (I had to pause and resume when they were done).

The worst part was the end of the interview when she asked question that I couldn't believe someone in their position would dare to ask, knowing they're clearly illegal! "Married? Any children?", "what does your partner do?", "what is your date of birth?!"

I travelled from London to Paris for this interview and took a day off for this.

This was clearly a waste of time and I still haven't received any feedback weeks later.

It's unbelievable for a company of that size...

Interview Questions

• Married? Any children? What is your date of birth? What does your partner do?   2 Answers

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Perenco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Hiring was dealt with by agency, very little interaction with company before interview. Nice offices and comfortable setting. Unstructured interview style more of a discussion, why want the role, career to date etc.

Interview Questions

• Some very random questions including questions that should not be asked in the UK employment setting!   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perenco (Norwich, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview started with questions from the HR manager, 'tell me about yourself' kind of questions to ease you in before asking more formal HR type questions. This was followed by technical questions asked by a geoscience manager.

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bacton, Norfolk, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perenco (Bacton, Norfolk, East of England, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Online application then face to face interview in bacton in Norfolk. Interview with team leader, HR and metering team leader. Bog standard stuff - very relaxed, easy. Job spec was a bit unclear but the job was very varied. Heard back relatively fast and started soon after. No phone interviews or anything just online application followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is below average for graduates since location was in Norfolk, good pay for the area but not enough for ambitious graduates.

QAQC Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Perenco (Wareham, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

No interview process. I was offered the role following one year working in Perenco as a contractor through Fircroft manpower services. I was offered a full time staff position by the dept manager with no application process. I even wrote my own job description.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perenco in May 2008.

Interview

phone call recieved and 1:1 short interview with HR manager, basic background check, asked to be strong enough to work in harsh environment and interpersonal skills, took about half an hpur and took 2 weeks to be hired.

Interview Questions

• do you feel comfortable in field work environment?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perenco (Ankara (Turkey)) in February 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed in person by the hiring manager, this was a typical hr interview on my personal skills, talents and qualifications. Then I had a technical interview with a field manager, this was much shorter and consisted of a couple of basic technical questions. Both interviews had a very positive and friendly tone.

Interview Questions

• On a geological map name the rock types from the legend. (I hadn't actually memorized the symbols for all the rock types).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Health and vacation benefits were great and the salary was competitive. I enjoyed working with Perenco, and the hiring manager kept in touch with me and was responsive when I asked for his help from out in the field (drilling site). I would definitely recommend working for Perenco, I recommend prospective employees have excellent English communication skills as the company is multi national and works with many contractors from different countries.

Ingénieur Forage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perenco (Paris (France)) in March 2011.

Interview

Un entretien avec le vice-président et un autre avec le directeur RH

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi quittez-vous votre ancien employeur ?   1 Answer