Perforce Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.6

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Alameda, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very excited about the role and the folks in the company that I met with. Met with 4 folks and multiple phone conversations with hiring manager. Then received generic rejection letter. Quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can be part of an organization that is changing from "legacy thinking" to an innovative and community collaborative type of place?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Invited for an interview with HR and the hiring manager. Very comfortable and easy-going. Provided a design test and given an hour to complete. Next step was meeting with team and leaders of the company. On the surface everything seemed to go well. Wasn't too tense or stressful. Enjoyed meeting everyone.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about our website?   1 Answer

User Experience Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software.

Interview

Interview process was fairly rudimentary though smooth. First call interview asked about projects I'd been working on and some standard boiler plate questions. Second interview was an in-house interview with their UX team where I interviewed separately with each employee. Was a very pleasant experience as each person made it more like a conversation, and Billie especially was an invigorating interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Billie liked to ask questions on-the-fly about my projects, so just know your stuff.   Answer Question

Sales/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Alameda, CA).

Interview

Posted my resume to their website, got a call approximately the same day

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate telecommute, pay and review cycle.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Several interviewers. Be ready for scrutiny. Initially there was a phone interview, then a panel, then a couple one on ones. Everyone was very friendly, but the questions can be tough i.e.: in depth. None of the "sell me this pen" b.s. so no need to prepare your canned response to that, (seriously employers, this isn't the 70s).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Alameda, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I encountered the job opening via indeed.com and contacted someone I used to work with at a previous company that was there now, asking what he liked about Perforce. He was very positive and was happy to forward my resume to the recruiter. I was contacted soon afterward, and scheduled an onsite a week or so later. I met with three developers and the hiring manager. The questions were mostly technical, with some coding. None were particularly challenging, but all good questions. I had a follow-up visit with the hiring manager and senior director a week or so later, which was mostly about getting to know each other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy. While the pay wasn't as high as I had been getting at my previous company, it was not exactly a fair comparison. The other benefits outweigh the small difference in salary.

TPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Alameda, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on site interview with 4 individuals. Very prepared and professional team. They think very highly of working there and freely enumerate the benefits. I was surprised, however, at the lack of industry experience by a few individuals who have been there for some time and were rather misinformed about what constitutes "hardware" vs. "software" in a given technological architecture.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, not challenging, but good questions. Each interviewer (with the exception of one) had a list of prepared questions and took notes on my answers.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Woking, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple chat with non-structured ordinary questions, slow paced, no details about commission, no information about the team and structure. First part is done with a peer in the same role, and second is with the Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your pipelines?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perforce Software (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple party and individual interviewer sessions, combination of technical and business philosophy questions. Interviewed by head office team first and then by the regional office team; initial HQ interview was via phone and second set of interviews were face to face. The face to face questions were specific to the technologies used in Perforce delivery and were a little deeper than similar questions asked by interviewers at other companies.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language?   1 Answer