Performics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

Paid Search Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to be treated poorly by recruiters who do not value your time. They were late to several of my phone interviews by up to 20 minutes. The hiring manager per my in-person interview was rude and unprofessional. She joked about turnover and deflected questions on professional growth. I sat for almost 30 minutes before the interviews started, despite being 10 minutes early. The other people on the team I spoke with sounded completely drained of any enthusiasm. It was as if they were going through the motions due to high turnover. The hiring manager seemed disinterested in the whole process. I had to call the recruiter repeatedly just to get an update before an offer was even made. It was the worst experience I've had in 15 years of advertising. Don't walk... run from this company. You are number to the recruiters, and they do not care about how it impacts you personally or professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would set up a Google Campaign. Walk me through the process.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was told the process would be a phone screen with a recruiter, another phone screen with the hiring manager, and then an in-person interview. However, after my phone screen with the hiring manager I had additional phone screens with executive directors and then never heard back from anyone. The calls all went well, and it was surprising and disappointing to never get an update on the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - always describing responsibilities and my experience.   Answer Question

Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick, concise & a lot of fun. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter I interviewed with the hiring manager and a VP (one over phone, one in person). I felt like I got to really understand the culture, the people & their goals. Likewise, I feel they did a great job of asking the right questions to understand my background and work ethic. I came away from the interviews feeling I had gained insight not only into the company, but into their view of the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something current happening in the industry you feel is interesting.   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward and the team interviewing were quite professional. It was a si gel interview after several phone interviews. I wish there was a little break in between three consecutive people asking me the same questions basically but there wasn't much in the way of accommodating breaks. That's okay though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a client and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and they reached out to me several months later to see if I was still looking. So, they definitely keep resumes on file! I had an initial phone screening, then a phone interview, then an in-person interview with 3 different people over a span of about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Quite the variety of questions since it varied per person. I got some typical interview questions, questions about my experience and knowledge of the industry, as well as extremely random questions about myself. They were all very easy to talk to. They're also open to people who have little to no experience in SEO.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Performics.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for a screening phone interview. After the phone call with the recruiter, had two 30-minute interviews with directors. Pretty generic interviews, not difficult at all. Mainly asked about my previous experiences, familiarity with programs, some behavioral, etc etc. In one interview, spent most time talking about the interviewer's experience, which was great in learning about company culture and the stuff I'll be doing.
    Expected to go in for an in-person interview but they offered me the position after just two phone interviews, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was actually a lot higher than what the recruiter initially told me (and what I was expecting), so I didn't negotiate the salary. I asked them if I could start a bit later than what they wanted and they were very accommodating.

Interview

HR screen followed by meeting with the team you would be on. Straight forward, basic questions. If it's a higher position, expect more detailed questions about your tactical experience. And if applicable, leadership and management experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they offered more than the range I gave them

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Performics.

Interview

Unprofessional attitude of recruiter which made me not want to continue the discussion further. I was told I will be called, then cancelled and then the recruiter disappeared on me. For a company with so many awards, it looks like the reviews are bad and employees aren't exactly happy there.

Interview Questions

• Changed time for scheduled phone call and then disappeared from conversation   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a few days of applying. The initial interview was very laid back, briefly talking about my background and asking a few behavioral type questions. The second interview was more technical and went deeper into my schooling and work experience. Both of those were on the phone. The third and final interview was in person and consisted of 4 - 30 minute interviews. Talked with two senior analysts about my previous experiences and what I was looking for in the job. A few behavioral questions, but overall more technical. Talked briefly over the phone with the manager of the project I would be on and what the work would entail. In the last interview, I presented an assessment they had sent me the night before.

They are a very progressive company and the laid back atmosphere made for easy communication with senior staff and management. Before the interview I was given a tour of the facilities and they were very nice. There are no assigned cubes and you are free to move around as you please. You don't even need to sit in a cube if you didn't want. There were couches, bean bags and other things all throughout. In the lounge area they had TVs, video games and tabletop games. In the kitchen they had a stocked fridge of beer that was fair game after 3pm everyday. Additionally, the attire was very casual, with pretty much everyone wearing jeans on a Wednesday when I went in there.

Interview Questions

• I probably made the assessment more difficult then it had to be, but the directions were scare and the data set small so it made analysis tricky.   Answer Question

Associate Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performics (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I first had a call with a HR recruiter and then was asked to come in person, where I met with four people for a half hour each. At the time I interviewed, there were multiple openings on different teams, so I met with three managers on the different teams and then one manager of Analytics (different department). Based on the interview, they determine if you're a good fit overall, and specifically, which team. Questions were mainly behavioral "Tell me a time you were faced with..." type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a stressful situation where you had to juggle multiple tasks? What were the steps you took to handling the situation?   Answer Question