Performics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
David Gould

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good clients; smart and supportive team members; good PTO and work-life balance; bagel Fridays" (in 14 reviews)

• "The company always has your career progression in mind and always makes sure you have the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "I did not find work-life balance to be ideal" (in 11 reviews)

• "Very little feedback and training and a passive aggressive management style from senior leadership" (in 8 reviews)

1. "One of a Kind Office Culture"

I have been working at Performics full-time

Pros

Benefits, leadership opportunities, exposure to upper management, several career paths

Cons

Compensation seems a bit lower than industry standard

2. "Gender bias and a lack of support"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing demand for performance media is fueling company growth. Many strong analytics tools help growth.

Cons

There is very little support for people who are activating campaigns, working with clients and are not on the Executive Team. Very little feedback and training and a passive aggressive management style from senior leadership. The MAM group is treated like an unloved stepchild and embedded teams are not given resources or support to do their jobs well.

I agree that many of these positive reviews sound fabricated and dissatisfaction is rampant. Women and people of color are visibly underrepresented in the senior ranks.

Advice to Management

You need more transparency and to be open to diverse points of view to win the respect from the people doing the work. You need to create a forum where sister agencies are not able to abuse our pfx talent. Many of us are looking to leave.

"“We are working to address the issues”"

I worked at Performics (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Exposure to big name clients
    -Access to the Publicis network
    -Cool new building with nice furniture and decor
    -Pay is average, which is a plus in comparison to other agencies

Cons

-department leadership does the opposite of leading
    -Speaking up and providing transparency of reoccurring issues is frowned upon in some departments
    -low morale (it’s starting to get worse, and large volumes of people have begun openly discussing their plans to leave in the near future)
    -Lack of staff (People are overburdened by work, and leadership is ignoring the issue or aren’t showing any concern when approached)
    -Tenured top talent isn’t happy anymore or motivated to work (it’s begun to trickle down to other team members)
    -People are dropping like flies. When I left there were others that began leaving, or were in the process to leave. People are unhappy and tired of waiting for change.

Advice to Management

Please do a study on happiness and morale and take a closer look at your VPs that are running things. Please make sure the VPs in charge of people are trained to manage people, and look at the employees in their department as human beings instead of a number to fill a seat, and to fill roles on accounts.

Winning business is a great success, but you need to make sure that you have enough staff to handle the work.

Performics was a wonderful place to work. It’s sad that it’s been mismanaged during such a high growth period. I was sad to leave, but it no longer made sense to support an organization that didn’t care about it’s people.

4. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Performics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to learn a lot about media and advertising, as well as put your hand in a lot of different buckets that is necessary for running ads.

Cons

You can get stuck with hard to deal with clients.
    The "normal" work time is 9-6 though depending on your workload, can look closer to 9-7 or 9-8.

Advice to Management

There needs to either be more people working or there needs to be a point where you say no, this cannot be done due to the amount of work we have already.

5. "Overall feel really lucky I work here"

Current Employee - Content Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Content Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Relaxed, young culture and friendly vibe around the office
    -Free perks (beer, bagels/donuts, fruit, soda, etc.)
    -Work/life balance
    -Can get promoted quickly (you'll have to work for it)
    -Tons of training opportunities

Cons

-New office feels more corporate-y
    -Limited ability to change clients if you don't like what you're working on
    -Can sometimes be too social of an office/distracting

Advice to Management

If a valuable employee is unhappy, help make a change before they end up leaving

6. "Wonderful place for growth and development"

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've spent the majority of my career with the organization and can attest to the ability to grow and develop with Performics. Leadership really listens to feedback and works to drive change where needed. We have great tools and technology that make us a leader in the industry. We have Global presence, and the ability to move to different roles within the organization with fluidity.

Cons

There has been a lot of reorganization over the past 2 years, but it has all led to a stronger organization.

Advice to Management

I know they work hard to address our concerns - the team would love to hear how concerns are being addressed in real time.

7. "Shows Promise"

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm really surprised by the number of negative reviews. I actually think the leaders are very communicative. Performics has monthly town halls where everyone can openly ask questions, and the leaders answer very frankly. Maybe that frankness is being perceived as rude (?), but I appreciate the level of detail they provide. They don't shirk away from the hard topics and answer everything. They can't make up answers they don't have--can you solve attrition in a sentence? That's an unreasonable expectation.

Performics has smart, well-intentioned people. I feel supported and challenged, and like I have significant opportunity for growth.

Cons

It's discouraging to see some of the entitlement from my peers. The leadership team isn't independently responsible for your comfort level. Acknowledge your responsibility in the parts you don't like, and step up.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people.

8. "Good place to start my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

Can't think of any- actually not sure why Performics gets some very negative reviews recently.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Disrespectful and Insulting Management Practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty great PTO. Looks good on resume.

Cons

At first, I was very excited to work here because of the name, impressive work, and connection to Publicis. However, upper and middle management are completely self-serving and apathetic for the day-to-day specialists who do the work.

Promotions for talented people are more of a chance than a guarantee. Those who go above and beyond to advance agency initiatives are overshadowed by those who are heavily invested in office politics and "play the game." Managers "forget" if you've been promoted before, and will completely pass over you despite performance reviews. You can lay out all your achievements and progress according to their career development guide and make your case for promotion, but they will shake their heads and say "you're doing great, but wait another year." It is unacceptable to penalize employees with sub-par compensation for HR system failures.

Senior management loves lip service. Questions related to the amazing turnover or functional integrity are always answered with “we’re aware and addressing this situation.”

I also believe, as others have reviewed, that overwhelmingly positive reviews are fake. Morale is low, and many are looking for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

If you’ve read any reviews over the past year, I’m sure you’re aware of it, and you’re “addressing the situation.”

10. "A lot of overlapping"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Performics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy location, young crowd, great people for the most part

Cons

Overlapping of jobs, no raises, no promotions