Performics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Performics CEO Michael Kahn
Michael Kahn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance, great culture (in 11 reviews)

• Very fun and relaxed work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Toxic upper management who promotes you only if your from Lebanon (in 7 reviews)

• Poor middle management - those with the biggest egos are promoted rather than it being based on skill (in 6 reviews)

"Great company culture but management did not respect employees."

I worked at Performics full-time

Pros

Great company culture: lots of events & food, monthly birthday cake, beer cart on Friday afternoon, fruit in the kitchen.
    Friendly co-workers.
    Good benefits (healthcare options).
    Flexible with schedule and possible work from home days.

Cons

Management. The only reason I left was for the lack of respect from 2 of the managers above me. It was not uncommon for the manager to walk by your desk at 5 pm and ask for something to be completed before leaving that day. I spent many nights at work late without warning. Management couldn't make decisions about projects, forcing all of the team to work at the last minute. Managers would call me at home after hours about work issues.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees time.

2. "Great Experience Thus Far"

Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth; multi-national company so opportunity to relocate.

Cons

Separate teams don't easily mesh with one another.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Performics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has good global recognition

Cons

This is one of the worst agencies to work at. You will drown in work, your management will know little to nothing & are extremely unprofessional, the pay is not competitive...the list goes on. Do not work here!

4. "Amazing brand, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Performics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, opportunity to take on significant responsibility, great people, great leadership team.

Cons

Company grew very quickly over past two years and as a result it was a mad dash to keep up with growth. Things are stabilizing as the new structures/resources are being put into place.

Advice to Management

Keep leaning into middle-level/junior talent for inputs on the future of the organization. Looking forward to seeing more women on this team!

"Lack of Management Skill And No One Cares"

I have been working at Performics full-time

Pros

Bright, inspired entry level, new employees

Donuts every Friday (unchanging selection which gets boring after 6+ months)

Cons

Poor senior management - disconnected from the people of Performics. They don't emerge from their offices to interact with other employees.

Culture - There is none. Each group operates independently, there is no motivator for cross-group sharing.

Understaffed - You will be doing the work of at least 2 people at any given time with no recognition.

Lack of commitment to clients - poor decisions are made on behalf of the clients due to politics and time constraints. This is expected and encouraged.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about trying to fix things or designating entry level employees to do it. Roll up your sleeves and become a day-to-day part of the company you should be managing.

"Poor company management"

Former Employee - Associate Media Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Media Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot but it was self taught.

Cons

Management changes every two weeks on accounts, no training on campaigns. Managers are condescending and unwilling to help. No ability to move up as an associate.

Advice to Management

Better director/manager to associate communication. Don't hire contract directors that are remote and not in house.

"Things Finally Looking Up"

I have been working at Performics full-time

Pros

The benefits are good. We get free bagels on Fridays and we have a "Tree House" that is always stocked with beer and snacks. We have regular happy hours and everyone gets along - almost everyone.

Cons

I know that attrition at agencies is fairly normal, but we lost about half or more of our staff late last year into the beginning of 2017. The environment turned toxic. Every day, someone would resign and the team dwindled down to nothing. It was extremely hard to see the wonderful culture and team we had established turn into a shell. Morale was low before everyone left, but it has been absolutely depressing and I didn't even want to go into the office anymore. Everyone was burnt out because they had to cover for everyone that quit.

Performics' HQ is in Chicago so all the upper management sit in that office and NY is considered a remote office. It's hard for upper management to see the issues in our NY office when they all sit in Chicago. There was only one senior person in the NY office but that person didn't directly manage the media team and didn't know media so couldn't understand nor help when the team needed help. We asked upper management several times to have senior leadership in NY, but they didn't listen which I believe contributed to the large amount of attrition. It took half the office quitting for upper management to listen and finally agree that they would put senior media leadership in NY. While that was great news for the office, for me, it was a little too late.

I decided it was time for me to leave and I started to actively interview. On the day I was about to resign, we were told that someone to oversee the East Coast media team had been identified and hired. I heard through the agency grapevines that the person we had hired had a good reputation so I decided to stick around a bit longer to see if the new media lead would be effective and I'm so glad I did. In the short time this person has been here, things have vastly improved and finally things are getting back on track. We've hired a bunch of great people and the vibe in the office is lighter than it has been in months. I haven't been optimistic in a long time and it may be premature, but I'm starting to look forward to coming into the office again. We still have open spots on the team and people are still putting in extra hours to cover, but it's looking up.

Advice to Management

Because HQ is in Chicago, it's especially important to pay attention to remote offices since senior management isn't physically present. Act quicker to issues that are raised to avoid great talent from leaving. Lastly, thank you for listening and finally putting someone senior in the NY office.

"Horrible Team Experience"

Former Employee - Media Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Media Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of PTO days and unlimited sick days. Young atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes too young of an atmosphere. Lot's of sharp talent but not alot of client-savvy people there. On my team personally, there was terrible management that should have taken responsibility for the failures of the team. After a major team restructure, there was absolutely no training or guidance provided to new managers which is pretty ridiculous, given the technical aspect of this job. Thanks for taking me to happy hours and drowning my sorrows in liquor- but we were all miserable, overworked, and had no guidance/training in day-to-day tasks and no support from senior leadership. I just got stuck with moronic and leadership in this case.

Advice to Management

Step up and take responsibility for your team. Provide them the resources they need to do their job. Be fair and respectful of your team members.

"Toxic, Fake, Not Worth It For Good People"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Performics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO.
    Free beer.
    Attempts at fun, inclusive events.

Cons

Clueless, disconnected middle management.
    Clueless, disconnected senior management.
    Folks who make the account people look smart and DO THE WORK are never recognized.
    Culture is toxic, everyone is in it for themselves.
    Management addresses issues but never makes action to solve them.
    Management tries to fix culture with fun events and alcohol despite understaffed departments with no time to participate.
    Hyper-popularity contests
    Promotions and salary bumps move at snail's pace

Advice to Management

Get Out. Restructure. Start Over.

10. "Anonymous Employee"

I have been working at Performics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good place for people who are just starting out in their careers. They have a good list of accounts to work on which will look great on your resume.
    - Great vacation policy
    - fantastic work life balance, but contingent on your team and manager

Cons

- No exposure = no chance of promotion
    - pay is ok, lower than industry standards
    - no bonuses

Advice to Management

They're improving slowly but surely