Perseus Books Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Perseus Books Group

Special Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with HR in another state followed by phone interview with someone else in Boston followed by two separate in-person interviews in the Philadelphia office. They called all my references. After all that jumping through hoops I did not even get the courtesy of a call or email to notify me that they hired someone else.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Boss knew me already so we talked over lunched & I got hired. Publishing is a small world and relationships matter. Personal referral is key for most jobs beyond entry level. Networking is key.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get asked any difficult or unexpected questions. I had a work record that made me a good candidate. The interview was more of a conversation about whether this particular job interested me, what the risks and advantages of taking it were relative to the job i already held, and what the boss's vision was for where the company was going.   1 Answer

Publicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in for two interviews. The first was with the other publicists and publicity director, the other was with the publisher. After the first interview, I submitted a writing sample (a sample pitch).

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume/cover letter via email and received a reply in two days. We had a brief phone conversation to discuss the details of the position before scheduling an in person interview. The in person interview included a brief tour around the facilities, an introduction to the Senior Editor, and a sit-down conversation with the supervisor. The questions were fairly generic, and the overall tone was very welcoming and somewhat casual.

Publicity Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then two in-person interviews. I found all interviews very informational, which allowed me to make my choice in accepting the position. I interviewed with both the Publishing Director and Editorial Director, and work with them both every day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate knowing that I would not get market value.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perseus Books Group in September 2009.

Interview

Emailed my resume and was asked to come in for a 1 on 1.