Pet Supermarket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pet Supermarket

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the DM in person. Second interview was given by a store manager in person a few days later. Questions were pretty typical interview questions. ""Tell me what skills you have that would be useful to us if we hired you" Then sent to take a skills test which was fairly easy and then off to a drug test. Then much later an interview with Corporate over the phone answering pretty much the same type of questions. It lasted about 30-45 mins. I was told I would get a call in a few days to let me know something and I am Now still waiting to hear back. It was all kind of redundant and they seemed to drag their feet a little. I feel kind of left out in the dark, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"   2 Answers
    • "What past work experiences/skills do you think you have that you think could be helpful to our company/position?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Fill out a basic job app., get an interview. The interview includes a basic list of generic questions, a personality assessment, and any other questions asked by manager. Hiring involves passing B/C and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What does stealing look like to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

waited for the store manager to arrive, had an hour interview. Was then told I had to have a second interview, and then had a 3rd interview. Finally "passed" there interview process and had to take a drug test and back ground check. After all that I still wasnt told a salary until I got my first paycheck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I allowed through an app on my phone and got called the next day asking to come into a location for an interview. The manger was very polite and so was the staff the store was very clean.
    I arrived on time, the manger was still busy, so I talked to a few of the employees casually as if I was a customer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I look for in an employee, and regular leadership queations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Interview took place in stockroom. Introductions were made and an outline of interview process was discussed. Process took about 30 minutes in total. Store manager and another manager were present.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went the extra mile to satisfy a customer   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with a customer who had an unreasonable demand   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Brentwood, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is long. For management, they do an in store interview, then a DM interview, then an interview with a recruiter. Once you have passed these interviews, you are sent on a drug and background...all paperwork filled out in person instead of online. You also take a wonderlic test and a predictive index - both of which are almost impossible to override if you do not meet the company standard. Entire process takes over a month.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? If I was to ask one of your references this same question, would they agree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary at the time.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket in May 2016.

Interview

The manager was extremely pleasant and sweet. I went during a job fair they were having. I got sat at a table at the back of the store and was asked a few questions about myself, what I was doing then and what my future plans were.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Mobile, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process took a while. The person giving the interview was very pleasant. I left with a really good feeling about the interview. Since then I have gone on my own personal time for a drug screen. I communicated to the District Manager that I had done so. It has been more than a week. I know that my drug screen is okay, but I have not had communication with them since. I wish that they would communicate more with me so that I know where I stand in their interview process. Even if it was to tell me they went another direction, I would simply like to know. I also really was hoping to get the job. I am currently employed have little time to interview so it would be nice to know if I needed to keep putting out resumes or not.

Interview Questions

• Basic
      TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF.
      WHY PET SUPERMARKET?
      DO YOU FIND IT EASY TO TALK TO OTHERS?   Answer Question
    • Be ready to take a basic aptitude test.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I was called by their in house recruiter took a personality index online and then did a phone interview with her. Went for interview with a store manager filled out paperwork took drug screen came back took wonderlic test administered by Dm. The process is a bit long and should be streamlined.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negiotiate they have set rates of pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pet Supermarket (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, applied online to the general vacancy within the Tampa Bay area and received a phone call from the Lutz and Brandon location. Interviewed with Lutz location and the store manager seemed pretty knowledgeable. Store itself just opened so it was slow in foot traffic which is kinda off considering the disposable income of Lutz residents. Called today and found out, they didnt want me because of the answers to my QI test. Who knows what are the general standards to that test.....or because the job market is so horrendous they will find any excuse to not hire anyone.