Philadelphia Gas Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

HR reached out to me and we had a casual half-hour phone interview where a few questions were asked. When I came in the HR representative and three engineering managers interviewed me. After I told them about myself the HR rep asked generic interview questions in a sequential order from a sheet of paper while they all took notes. They also interjected on answers to probe deeper on occasion. The whole process took a little over an hour.

After the interview I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What set you apart from your peers at your previous position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. They sit you down with HR and the manager of the department you are interviewing for and they ask you a series of questions from a sheet of paper. Make sure you review your resume, because they will ask you to go over it. They are very kind, but as this is a gas company, make sure you know what kind of gas they use. Likewise, it is really good to know what you can about the company, such as what they stand for, their values, beliefs, amount of customers, etc.

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I applied and within 2 weeks I had a interview. The people I interviewed with were pleasant to speak with. They reviewed my resume so the interview was more of a conversation.
    I feel HR should communicate with potential candidates after the interviewing process and let them know where they stand. No leave them in limbo. Also why give a test assessment to a potential candidate if it is not part of the job they are applying for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview took about a half an hour and there were four people conducting the interview. Three of them were engineering managers and one was an HR representative. They asked what courses I had taken that could be applicable for the natural gas industry, and I listed a couple classes including fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what LNG stands for?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

When I got there, I signed in at the front desk, and the HR people shows up and let me filled out a survey about my background. Then I move into a room with marketing department manager and their HR recruiter. They asked me some basic question. After the interview, I was asked to finish a Excel test which is pretty system sensitive, but it is a very basic excel test.

Field Service Technician/Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

You must pass an assessment test to be considered for the position. The test is about an hour long because it consists of 3 tests. You must pass each test to move on to the next. Failure means you're out. The test is a VERY BASIC HIGH SCHOOL education test. Reading Comprehension, Math, and skill test(if gear A spins, which way will gear D move?)

This is a customer service position as you are the face of the Company out on the street. They want to know what type of skills you possess, how you interact with customers, if you are comfortable with working outdoors, working in very dirty houses, and if you possess problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Will you be willing/able to work in any conditions without restrictions, like weather or sanitation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable pay. Pay is set by Union/PGW contract

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works.

Interview

u will take a few basic reading, math, tools test on a computer. One you pass this they will set you up for an interview. When I was interviews there were 5 people in the room. Get ready to be hit with questions lol...Then if all is well they will do the background checks.

Interview Questions

• they basically want to see if you r a dope or not. there are people working here who use to work at wawa or target...so they hire anyone   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works.

Interview

Took a week to get a response from the HR person who had some questions about what how my experiences related to this position. A few days later I interviewed with the HR person who seemed to indicate that I was a good candidate and would come to interview with the hiring manager and take a skills test, but I heard nothing back after that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just the standard HR interview questions   Answer Question

Philadelphia Gas Works Response

Jan 8, 2014 – HR Business Partner

More than likely, this individual had a "phone screen," not an official interview. All "in-person" interviews are conducted with HR and the hiring department.

Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Gas Works (Phila, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Normally about a 3 week process, but I had some health issues so it took a little longer than expected, but the interviewing process was quick and easy. I interviewed, took a three part appitude test in one day.

Interview Questions

• What was the heaviest tool you've lifted   1 Answer

Philadelphia Gas Works Response

Jun 8, 2015 – HR Business Partner

This process can be 3+ weeks. Applicants that are successful with testing, never interview the same day. The interview usually follows in about 2-3 weeks.