Philadelphia Insurance Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 managers, 4 via SKYPE and 1 in person. Process took approximately 2 to 3 hours. Questions were geared toward my work experience both current and past. I was allowed to ask questions and felt I received beneficial information about the company and the position,

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most about your job,   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with Human Resource recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager. The telephone interview asked specific questions relating to my experience with professional liability underwriting, length of time doing so and my desires for the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Interested in my specific experience related to the renewal position, account size managed and how I managed my time. They were also interested in group dynamics and how I may assist others on the team who were in a heaving processing time   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

I was notified to come in for an in-person interview about one or two weeks after I applied online. I met with two managers. Very casual and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies in June 2017.

Interview

I received a referral for the position and sent my resume to the branch manager. Received a call from him that lasted approximately 30 minutes and was half phone screen/half conversation about the role.

We scheduled a one-on-one interview for about a week later that was very laid back and conversational. Received a call a couple days later saying I was moving on to the final round and would be interviewing with 3 people, including the branch manager. This interview was a little tougher but everyone was very pleasant.

Got a call a week later with an offer pending a drug test and background check. Overall it was a pretty easygoing process and everyone was very nice. Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better fit for the role versus other candidates?   Answer Question

Philadelphia Insurance Companies Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Social Media Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you had a positive experience throughout the interview process. If you'd like to provide... More

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Leawood, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

I did four interviews. Two by phone, one was with HR and another with a person in the current position. I then had two face to face interviews. The first with a VP and a person in the current position about to leave, and the next with a member of HR and someone new in the position. It has now been 5 weeks and absolutely no response from the company. I reached out to three different HR contacts and not a single one has responded. If this is how they treat their employees, I'd turn down the position without any hesitation.

Interview Questions

Philadelphia Insurance Companies Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Social Media Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our hiring process. We'd love to learn more about your experience with PHLY and... More

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed for a call center position. It took about 90 minutes. It was a one on one interview. Supervisor was nice. The office was clean and very quiet. I applied online and received had a phone interview and that led to a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions of strength and weaknesses. How to handle a upset customer etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted quickly. Interview process was typical nothing out of the ordinary. I had 1 general interview with HR and 2 with the AVP (1 telephonic and 1 video conference). You have to follow up with them to get updates on the interview process.

Offer made for very low pay not close to market value. They seek multiple years of experience 10+ but pay slightly above entry level. They refuse to negotiate on offer, I find this amusing, especially since one of the main components of being a claims specialist is to be a good negotiator.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

submitted application, few days later got a call for an interview, came in that week, got a call for the job offer within 2 weeks. Interview was very positive and clear on what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Overall career objectives, room for growth, opportunities within, experience with computer programs.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Dublin, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview and 1 face to face. I had applied to this position in April. I was called by an HR member in June to schedule a phone interview then was called the next day to have a face to face the next week. The face to face was with a manager, I thought it went well and was told I'd be contacted back with a decision, well that was 3 weeks ago and no call has been made back to me by the company Mgr or the HR rep. I find that pretty unprofessional and rude, especially when I was told I would be contacted with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about each position you had and responsibilities- why did you leave each position. Then spoke about the position and responsibilities and the company culture.   Answer Question

CORE Underwriter- Renewal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philadelphia Insurance Companies (Leawood, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

People were friendly and helpful. Had a phone screening, followed by in person interview and then "final" interview. Felt I had really done well in the interviews and then nothing happened.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Philadelphia.   1 Answer