Phipps Conservatory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Phipps Conservatory Interview Questions

Interviews at Phipps Conservatory

2.5

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory.

Interview

Way too long of an interview process requiring multiple separate interviews spread out over a month and a half. The interviews mainly explained the position and asked standard interview questions.

Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview was very easy. Did not consist of a lot, just basic interview questions.

Events Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory in March 2018.

Interview

They reached out to me via email a month after I applied. Interview was led by HR. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They said that I would hear back within a few weeks about the next steps in the process. A month later they told me they haven't even made decisions yet about the second round of interviews. It has been three months since I have interviewed with them and they still have the exact same job openings listed on their website that they had three months ago. Their hiring process is horrendous. Do not waste your time applying/interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• What type of knowledge do you have about environmental sustainability?   Answer Question

Division Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory.

Interview

After interviews for two separate positions, I have learned that if you interview at this non-profit, don't expect to learn the outcome unless you are the individual hired. Their interview process is slow with multiple rounds.

My suggestion to Phipps' leadership: Please be respectful of any individual's time, but especially if they are a member of your non-profit organization.

Retail Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was very laid back with one HR rep. She asked basic interview questions, but the next two interviews are with higher level managers and can be a bit intense.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory.

Interview

The interview process was not that bad. I was hired within a month/month and a half and went through a 3 interview process. Though the 3 interview process seemed excessive, each interview lasted about an hour.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and promptly received a phone interview and an in person interview. After my first in person interview, I was invited for a second interview that took Phipps well over a month to schedule. In the meantime, they sent their benefits package. They were communicative and polite, however the entire process took too long. After my second interview, I followed up and heard nothing back for weeks. After a total of about 3 months from my application date, I finally got a rejection. I do not feel like my time was respected in the process and it does seem to mirror the other glassdoor reviews from employees who say that HR is a mess.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory.

Interview

Three interviews - Lower level HR, Hiring Manager, Upper level HR. Weeks can pass between each stage. Did not contact me after the initial interview to let me know they were not moving forward with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions- walk me through your resume, what is your management style   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phipps Conservatory.

Interview

The interview process is not difficult, but it's a long one. The HR Coordinator who conducts all of the preliminary interviews is absolutely wonderful. She put me completely at ease. From there on out, the interviews are based on which department you're applying for. For events, they put you through way too many interviews for simple positions. Also, it seems like there's little communication. In my first interview they said they worried I was overqualified, but in my third, they said it seems like I don't have enough experience - which leads me to wonder if they are actually even paying attention when I answer questions.. Either way, easy but please simplify the process!! 4 interviews is too many.