Photogenic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Photogenic Interview Questions

1.8

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Photogenic (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a very brief phone interview, and then a group interview. The group interview is very easy. The questions are very basic with an emphasis on customer service. It is really more of an overview of the company than an interview.

Interview Questions

• I felt that all of the questions were easy. One example would be explain a time that you handle a customer complaint.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is basically a minimum wage job. There is a chance to move to a lead and later supervisor role fairly quickly if you are more experienced or learn the job quickly.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Photogenic (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy group interview which consisted of quick activity matching numbers, some basic interview questions, and a powerpoint presentation about the company. Overall the interview was very easy and relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best customer service experience and the worst   1 Answer
    • What are your strength and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Associate Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Photogenic (Savannah, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was short, not much to it other than telling them about myself. They seemed rushed and uninterested like really just wanted to get it over with. It didn't seem genuine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Photogenic (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprise group interview. Collaborative answering. All based around a PowerPoint presentation (that wasn't up to date). Very laid back and easy going. Only lasts about 30 minutes. Finishes with a matching numbers sheet, finding and matching the left side of numbers to the right side of they exist and a mini math test (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Can ask more questions once you hand in your paperwork, but everything and then some is covered. At least I thought so with my group.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Photogenic (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few days later to set up an interview through their website, showed up to the interview which was a group one. The interviewer asked us basic questions and we went around the room answering them

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Photogenic (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview was different than any other interview I've had before. A presentation was provided to explain what the company was about. The person interviewing us explained thoroughly what is to be expected of the employees. At the end you fill out an availability form.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Photogenic (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

The manager and shift lead met with two photographers at the interview. Portfolios were not required. The manager asked questions and the photographers took turns to answer the same question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you wanted to photograph.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Photogenic (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a group interview more or less, i was fortunate to have a one on one interview but it's more like a seminar rather than an interview.
    It felt more of a conversation rather than a formal type of thing. They go on about who they are, (the company) and what they do. Sell memories.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Photogenic (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I sent my application online and was contacted about interview dates within 24 hours. I interviewed with about 5 other applicants. First, the person conducting the interview gave a short power point presentation on the company (how it began, its other locations, etc). The presentation also explained the requirements/expectations of the job, possibilities for moving up in the company and salary. The job is very simple. After the presentation, the interviewer asked questions about our personalities such as "say something interesting about yourself" and "what makes a good picture?" There were no questions about any customer service experience or related skills. You definitely get a feel of whether or not you would like to work there.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Photogenic (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Having worked with the company for 2 years already, I was interviewing for the Operations Manager position. I met with the Regional Manager and we discussed what would be my responsibilities, suggestions I would want to change as Operations Manager, and my raise. I countered my offer, asking for a little more, and we came up with an incentivized agreement in obtaining my desired wage.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a pending promotion for an employee?   1 Answer