Pictometry International Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pictometry International Corp. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.9

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly, I was impressed by the response time from the company, as well as the communicative nature of the HR person I was working with. I found the job on Craigslist and submitted resume/application online. 4 days later, was contacted via email to take online assessment. 3 days later was invited to take cognitive assessment online while on Skype with HR person. 3 days later, phone interview with HR. I followed up with a Thank-You note and the HR person responded back.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about prior work experience & a couple of detailed questions to test my knowledge of the software I would be using. I was asked to describe managers in prior jobs. I was also asked "how much do you want to make"- give thought to this question before replying. Another good one: tell me about the best project you worked on.   1 Answer

Junior Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. in September 2016.

Interview

Applied
    Called for a phone screen
    Invited to take a cognitive logic exam
    Re-did the exam on Skype with an HR representative
    Phone interview regarding basic HR questions and excel
    Did not move on (supposedly next step, in person on site interview would be the last)

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was just asking about me, who I am, and where I am today. Nothing too specific or demanding.

Cognitive logic exam and Skype part were straightforward. Many samples of them online.

HR questions were about my work authorization, citizenship, etc. Excel questions were if I knew stuff like Pivot Table, IF function, VLookUp, etc. Also my interests and what I know about Pictometry.
      Answer Question

Software EngineerJavascript and PHP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First Round: Aptitude Test: Personality Questionnaire (15 mins), English and Math ( Total of 50 Questions to be solved in 15 mins)
    Second Round: Repeating the Aptitude Test same as in the first round but this time on Skype, without the Personality questionnaire.
    Third Round: HR Interview Round
    Fourth Round: Onsite Interview where you have 3 back to back interviews, first with the company director, then with 2 Team Leads, and then finally with 2 managers. Each interview lasted for roughly 30 - 45 mins.
    Each round takes about a week or two. Overall it was a pleasant experience for me.

Interview Questions

• The Third round had all typical HR interview questions. In the fourth round, the first interview was with the company director which was basically a chat over what the company does and what technologies you have worked on which would suit the company, the next interview had general technical questions nothing conceptual or code related regarding the position you have applied for and what projects you have worked on, and then finally the last interview was also mostly about what projects you might have worked on and how well you did in them.   Answer Question

Project Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There is first a personality and cognitive test that you do online. Then you retake the cognitive test on skype so they make sure you aren't cheating. That test is super easy if you know your way around puzzles although it is 50 questions in five minutes. Then they bring you in and it is a normal interview from there showing you around the office and getting interviewed by your future bosses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds.
       1) online assessment test - Maths and basic english questions
       2) There was a skype interview where you have give the first test again. This is just a verification process.
       3) phone interview - All regular HR questions. Strength, weakness, goals etc.
           I got a reject after this round. There was no technical round.
       You can read what company does on the company's site.

Software Development Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Online Aptitude Test of 15 minute (Basic Math and English questions)
    2) Same test again on Skype to verify
    3) HR Phone Screen interview
    4) Onsite Interview with the team (Not too much technical oriented but more on your experience and the technologies and projects you have mentioned on the resume)

Interview Questions

• Tell me the best project (from the resume) that you have worked on. Explain the architecture you used or algorithms involved and the technologies you used.   Answer Question

Co-Op Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

four rounds, first two rounds- logical, third-HR, fourth- on-site
    The second round was the repetition of the first round , except that, this time it was on Skype.
    Fourth round had 3 1:1 interviews (half hour each). Mostly discussed about the job position.

Interview Questions

• HR round had few fixed questions: strength, weaknesses, why this company, goals etc.
      resume based questions and job discussion
      Description of one - two projects from resume
      Answer Question

Image Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. in December 2015.

Interview

Two separate conceptual tests and a personality questionnaire, focusing on basic math skills, pattern recognition, and puzzle solving. One of these is taken while under video surveillance to confirm applicant did not cheat on prior test. The test is purposefully difficult. Early questions are relatively easy, but later questions would take several minutes to work out and solve. The tests are time limited. After that, a phone interview is conducted, followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was rather lengthy, asking about prior work experience, capabilities, and what your prior supervisors would say about you.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words a previous employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Lidar Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp. (Rochester, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a HR screening process. First asked to verify information then asked for me to negotiate a rate of pay. I find that tactic annoying and serves as a red flag. How can pin point a rate when I have no clue to what the job demands. The rest of the phone interview asked standard qualification questions. The following week was called back by HR and told that the hiring manager wanted a face to face interview but first HR had a couples of questions. I was also told by HR the pay rate was going to be much less then what I asked for. There was no negotiation. I had to accept the rate to get the face to face or end the interview process. I declined the rate and the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• Question were standard qualification questions   1 Answer

No negotiation of rate. HR rate to low.

Accuracy Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pictometry International Corp..

Interview

skype then in person, no negotiation. Interview was late at night. Expect night shift for first 2-3 years, two evening managers both asked ?'s Not too much else besides what I have written, who came up with a 30 word minumum. This is kind of frustrating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, offer was made for contract position