Pilkington North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with HR manager, phone interview with Regional Director, F2F interview with Regional Director. My recruiter stayed in contact the whole time and did all of the scheduling for me. All of my contacts were very helpful though throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• If you could go to a store with a blank ch go and buy 1 personality trait that you think you need, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I met with HR rep and lead engineering supervisor and both were very friendly. They asked for me to elaborate on my previous experience based on my resume and throughout the time that I was speaking, the HR rep kept eyeing the supervisor with a disapproving look. Typical interview questions about why I am and want to be an engineer and where do I see myself in 10+ years. They were disappointed in the fact that I wanted to move up within the company as I built my technical background to take on more responsibilities and leadership. Essentially, they were looking for someone who was okay with staying in a single position/company for 30+ years (although both of them had been with the company less than 10 years and had moved through several companies throughout their career).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why do you want to be a Process Engineer?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Was brought in fairly quickly after submitting resume. Was told that it was okay that I didn't have any experience in the industry as no one else who was interviewing did. Then was told that people from outside of the industry usually "don't make it" and the interviewer literally kept me for over an hour asking me the dumbest questions that he obviously had not prepared for.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. Interview next day with two HR personnel. Interview was mostly on my resume and previous experience. I was told that I was over qualified for an intern and I would be interviewed for a full time job soon. A couple of week later, the HR calls me and says I have not been selected.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwood, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Northwood, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of behavioral interview questions. Very easy going and laid back interview process. Very polite and nice people and they take several notes on what you are saying. You have to think on your toes about some past experiences. The interview took about an hour and they were very informative about the company and the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What safety procedures if any did you have to have for your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Internal Auditor-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Toledo, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview the second week of July, got an onsite interview a week later. The interview was with the Human Resources Group Leader, Americas Audit Manager, Sr. Manager Global Trade Regulations. They asked me behavioral questions for 45 mins. I didn’t get any actual audit questions. The interview went great, and I asked some good questions. 2weeks later, the HR Manager sent me an email that they are pursuing a candidate with Audit experience. Mind you, they were not focused on audit during the interview. Two days ago, I found a job posting for the same position on Monster. Whatever happened, I think what they did was very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Whatever information they get from background check or credit check, they are supposed to inform the candidate what the actual reason is for not pursuing. They obviously lied to me, and it’s very disrespectful. I put sincere effort in so many hours preparing for the interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pilkington North America.

Interview

Very thorough and could take time. I believe it took about 2 weeks from contact to getting an offer. If they like you they will pass you to the next stage. Here is how it went down for me. Got contacted by a recruiter. After going over the job description and my skills we determined that there is a match. My resume was passed to HR person that conducted a phone interview which led to a group interview. After successful group interview I was asked to take self assessment and then invited back to interview with the director. Shortly after I recieved an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had an issue with something and how you handled it?

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Got what I asked for so there were no need for negotiations.

Warehouse Associate/Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Flagstaff, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Sit with the Warehouse manager, and you will be asked basic interview questions ranging from transportation and communication. This will also include you providing a copy of your license for driving record purposes as you will be required to have a clean record in order to be employed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation and communication?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilkington North America (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in to interview with my future boss and his boss. They were warm and welcoming and asked regular interview type questions. They did not make me feel overly nervous, and they gave me an opportunity to ask my own questions. They showed me that the environment is friendly and relaxed.

Production Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pilkington North America.

Interview

You obtain an initial through a temporary agency. It includes a face-to-face interview as well as some aptitude tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - all operators start at the same level.