Politico Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Politico Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Politico in March 2017.

Interview

First interviewed over the phone with the talent acquisition specialist. She then sent me a write up I had to complete before moving on. Once completed we scheduled another interview. This time with 2 different Politico employees. Both half hour. Two really great interviews but no offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Politico (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quickly and when I arrived at the offices I was given a tour. The two people who interviewed me were very sweet and funny. The first interview (Aside from the phone screen) was with a newsroom editor in one of the lounges. They just wanted to get a feel for my experience with journalism. My second interview was with the person who I would be working with. A little more specific of an interview but still enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Politico (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position online and was contacted by HR days later to set up a phone screening. I then had in person 1:1 interviews the following week with four team members. I received and accepted the offer a few days later. The entire process was very positive and HR was extremely helpful and in constant communication the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening:

-Tell me about you, your resume
      -Why POLITICO
      -Knowledge of POLITICO Live work
      -Salary requirements
      -Skills and flexibility questions referring to the needs of the position

In person:

-Tell me about you, your resume
      -Why are you interested in this position
      -Why the change in career path

The entire interview felt more like a conversation as all of the questions were somewhat basic but led into an depth back and forth between myself and the interviewer. There was nothing unexpected or negative about the process. The process was not intimidating but rather very welcoming. I had been interviewing with several places at the time and POLITICO was by far the most professional and positive interview that I had.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Politico (Stanford, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by a Politico employee on the phone. She started by telling me about the three different internship options and explaining what it is like to work there. Then she asked me a little bit about myself. The whole thing was very casual and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous internship experience. Tell me about your coursework. Why do you want to work here? Do you have an interest in politics? What kind of news do you like to read? Do you have a preference for the type of internship you are assigned to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is a set internship program.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Politico (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I've interviewed twice at Politico for two separate positions and both times were extremely odd and unprofessional. Both times, I interviewed with two separate panels of people. They seemed to be more preoccupied with what was going on with their phone instead of focusing on the interview. The interview ended with me being left in a room on my own to fill out an application. After waiting 30 minutes, I left with my application in hand. I was not going to leave my personal information behind unattended. As far as the second interview is concerned, I filled out the application in the newsroom on the computer. Both times after leaving, I never heard from them again. Didn't even bother to extend the professional courtesy to let me know the job had been filled. Since those experiences, I haven't had any interest in pursuing any other opportunities at Politico.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Politico.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview. The individual who interviewed me was very rude and unprofessional. It didn't seem like they were listening to anything I was saying, and it felt like I was being rushed off the phone. The questions were very generalized (and not specific to the position) and when I answered them, I guess not to what they were looking for-I was interrupted and unable to finish! Very poor first step in the interview process and very disappointing with the lack of professionalism given what they do.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Politico (Rosslyn, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Really quick. Phone interview with HR followed by phone interviews with an account manager and a team lead. Then an onsite interview/presentation to the recruiter, an account manager, the team lead, and the director of account management. This was followed by a brief 1:1 interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want the account manager position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Politico (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Recruiter reach out a few days later to set up phone interview with a manager on the teams. Was told at the end of the phone that I would move to next round of interviews. Was interviewed by to different managers separately during in-person interview. A lot of behaviors and "tell me about at time when questions". overall positive interview experience, but was unfortunately not selected for the position.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Politico (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Easy - I was referred by an employee. Reached out to me via email to set up a phone interview/phone screen.

Phone Interview: Very simple interview questions (why do you want to work at Politico, what do you know about Politico / Politico Pro, how has your experiences relate to this position). At the end of the phone interview, they set up an in person interview.

In Person Interview: Met with a few different managers/directors. How has your past experience benefit you for the role etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult client/person, tell me about a time when showed leadership   Answer Question

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Politico (Rosslyn, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was rather a conventional interview. Technical phone screening followed by in-person interview with several technical and managerial staff. The strange thing is that I did not hear back from the recruiter at all after the interview which I find very unprofessional. They should have had the courtesy of letting the applicant know the outcome either way. I did follow up after the interview but I did not get any response.