Pomona College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.5

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pomona College (Claremont, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple process. Interview with the director of the store and the other student managers. They each took turns asking the applicant questions about their experiences at the store. Applicants are given different possible scenarios and asked how they would respond/react to them.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pomona College (Claremont, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They emailed me a time to schedule the interview and I drove to the college to meet with my interviewer; who would late be my boss. It was very calm, almost conversation-like and very low pressure.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been working at my previous job.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pomona College.

Interview

There was no interview process. You apply through professors, and generally if you have taken the class before, you have a higher chance of getting the job.
    For Computer Science, there is a application that has to be filled out. It is often difficult to fill out as it is given earlier in the previous semester when schedules are not yet finalized, but giving a ballpark estimation of your schedule should be fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation possible.

Gallery Attendant Interview

Interview

There was, to my recollection, very little of an interview process. The job of which that was previously mentioned was recommended by an acquaintance, also in attendance of the college, that also happened to work at the before mentioned place of employment. The interview, as best I can recall, was short and to the point.

Student Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pomona College (Claremont, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

* Interview with Student Supervisor (unfortunately, there's no training for the interviewers, making these somewhat nebulous)
    * Interview with Matt Walker (if you get this, you're very, very likely to receive the position)

Unfortunately lag time between steps is significant.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pomona College (Claremont, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Long, but well worth it. They have great benefits and the staff in HR and through the campus are truly some of the best in the world. Truly living up to the #1 ranking!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was open going into the interview and they gave me a great package up front.