Pontoon Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for a position that now I find out did not exists. Pontoon advertises for Recruiters in certain areas, then calls when and if they have a need. Received a phone call weeks after I applied. Spoke to the Recruiter who barely gave me any information as if I was applying for the CIA or Secret Service?

Interview Questions

• Can I commit to working the hours the client wants? Yet we can allow you to go over 40 hours each week?   1 Answer
    • Can you travel to the client to train? Yet we cannot pay for your mileage, parking, or any accommodations?   1 Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Toledo, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Company will text you on typing skills, Excel & Word. Interview was simple but company is very selective. I found the interview process to be misleading. Pontoon only wants the best candidates. Referrals are asked lengthy in depth questions about you and given a 30 min survey with open ended questions. I didn't have a contact to follow up with.

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Summary: After multiple conversations, they went radio silent without the professionalism or courtesy of a response (aka: ghosted).

Details: Applied online. Spoke with recruiter who was initially great: very friendly and quick to respond. Took a long time to have interview with hiring manager, but person was nice and knowledgeable once I did. Was told should hear back by end of week. Didn't. Followed-up with recruiter who said didn't have update yet but would circle back when she did. After still no answer a week after that, reached out to hiring manager. No response.

Following week after that, noticed that role was no longer tied to my profile in their system. Sent email to recruiter. Then received automated emails from ATS indicating I was matched to another position (basically the same job but a Senior level), presumably to process whomever they selected, which then no longer showed in my profile meaning I was declined. Was never provided any update or decline communication, nor response to my email from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions.

Interview

I had five two video interviews and three phone interviews up to the hiring manager. I don't see the point in all of the interviews because it is the same questions. They do not communicate with very well. You have to reach out to them for the status and like a prior post I saw from one's experience, then you hear nothing. It's very unprofessional to have someone go through all of these interviews, and don't have the courtesy to give you an update if you have the position. It was easy to call when you wanted an interview, but can't update about the status of the position. Very disappointed in their interview process.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Toledo, OH).

Interview

They will give you a phone interview and then send you a email stating that you are not qualified without any additional information. This is a place where its definitely all about who you know not what you know.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working in a contract position   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions.

Interview

Internal application - phone screen with recruiter, potential colleague, manager, manager's supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - recently received an internal increase so was promised "significant increase" 10 mo down the line...nothing so far...

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Toledo, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a great interview. I was interviewed by two people. They were a perfect mix of professionalism and friendliness, and they even asked a couple of fun questions. It is a true reflection of my experience here at Pontoon since I have started.

Interview Questions

Pontoon Solutions Response

Oct 29, 2015 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to learn from this feedback and are happy to hear of your positive interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Thorough process: I was phone screened first. He was friendly, but detailed and asked a lot of questions. Later I was invited in for a group interview. This included a presentation, testing, and one on one interviews. Everyone was friendly and inviting, but they really are detailed and selective about hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a past difficult client?   2 Answers

Jun 13, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator

Thanks so much for the feedback. We hope others find this information to be helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Toledo, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in April. It was a group interview the first they say which included a presentation and a series of testing along with an interview. Initially I thought everything was great but I realized a lot of nepotism u definitely probably will need to know someone to get in this company. Also no people of color, may have been just been that day but no diversity. Also did a follow up letter with no reply back ever.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pontoon Solutions (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

phone calls, very quick and conversational that is all I have to say, It was very easy. just be honest and discuss what they ask. that is all I have to say, that is all I have to say that is all I have to say

Interview Questions

• I was asked to review my work history   1 Answer

Dec 14, 2015 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to see your interview process was smooth!