Pontoon Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Wachholz

Pros
  • Wonderful work life balance and benefits (in 27 reviews)

• Great health insurance benefits, great people (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There aren't many negatives about working for Pontoon - they offer a great work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• benefits, upper management not receptive to feedback (in 6 reviews)

"First-Class Organization Offering GREAT Professional Development Opportunities & AMAZING Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Industry Development Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Industry Development Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company that gives everyone a chance to grow if you are willing to put in the effort and make a name for yourself. Superior senior management with a clear vision and strong communication. Professional HR team that truly cares about the company’s culture and employees. Wonderful work life balance and benefits. Passionate engaged employees who are committed to the success of Pontoon.

Cons

Nothing negative at this time!

Advice to Management

Keep it up - Pontoon is heading in the right direction. Never lose your culture!

"Great company with an entrepreneurial spirit!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great, ethical company that provides you the autonomy to do your job while providing support when you need it. Love the team I work with. I enjoy working with like minded people who care about the work they do. Consistently find I am learning new things as the industry evolves.

Cons

Some areas of the company are siloed, where you don't know what other areas do for the company, how their expertise is woven into the organization. Older technology/computers can be a challenge but improving.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more knowledge sharing, cross training and awareness of other areas within the organization for all levels within the company. We have great people here with so much experience. Would be great to learn from them.

Feb 7, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. As we are evolving and growing (quickly!) as an organization there is work in progress aimed at helping with best practice sharing as ... More

"Great People, Manipulative HR"

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our team and office is fantastic, decent pay and vacation, great direct manager, W4Y is an awesome way to help our communities and keep our office involved. Long term friendships have been formed with non executives, Cool cubicles and great views from our office.

Cons

I'm sad that a company I enjoy working for allows such unprofessional, manipulative behavior by the HR. I have first hand seen multiple people let go just because she doesn't like them. One of my former coworkers went to her about a hostile work environment problem at HQ and she guided this person that doing something would make it worse so they should just let it go and due to this response the person left the company to work somewhere where the executives cared. HR is not supposed to do that period. I rated the President of the company so low because to know about this behavior of one of your own direct reports that is in HR to treat lower level employees like this is wrong even though in the office he seems like a nice guy. The HR person walks around the office pretending to be everyone's friend so she can get the scoop on them and in hours the entire office knows what you told her in confidence because she walked around telling others about other employees. Sadly our office pretends to like her because getting on her bad side even just a tad will have you gone in just a few weeks. We shouldn't be afraid of HR. I would change my review to a 4 or 5 if it wasn't for this leader in the company.

Advice to Management

Management - take a close look at the management team you are a part of and stand up for the rest of us who are afraid to lose our jobs because of one person, if you don't you will continue to lose great people and there are a lot of us.

Feb 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments. At Pontoon, we strive every day to promote an open, transparent culture that is built upon trust. And we expect all our people, including our leaders, to ... More

5. "Amazing Culture and Innovation"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is always buzzing with activity and momentum which makes it an energizing place to spend your "work day". Teams are helpful and welcoming. Training is set up and structured to be beneficial at any level. The clients are big name and that is cool to be a part of. My hiring experience was clean, friendly and no hassle. I have already recommended my friends to come work here.

Cons

Benefits for Associats are not great but moving up in the company to a colleague role seems to be something that is done often and fairly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...this is an adventure every day I am so glad I made the change and joined Pontoon!

Jan 23, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback. We are thrilled that you are building your career with Pontoon!

"Great team and traing but poor upper leadership"

Former Employee - Sourcer in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Sourcer in Toledo, OH

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sourcing team I worked with was great. The team had weekly awards and did a great job of encouraging each other. When a specific person or group needed help, there were always people willing to help out. The training was very beneficial. They had "Pontoon University" filled with classes where you would learn basic to advanced skills for the recruiting world.

Cons

We kept getting lied to. I started at a time where we were told we would all be included in better benefits. The man who had promised this left the company the day he promised to deliver it. We were told that we would get newer nicer desks if we met a certain financial goal. We exceeded that goal and were told we wouldn't get them. Upper management seemed made me feel belittled and underneath them. This was not always the case, but happened to frequently. Often times during office-wide meetings, they would discuss an issue that was specific to one department or team, but would lump all of us in as the problem. The locational favoritism was terrible. Pontoon has offices all over the nation and the world. It was easy to see if you worked in Florida or Atlanta you were valued more than if you worked somewhere else, i.e. Toledo. And there was constant worry and stress as they built up other offices if they would close the one you worked at.

Advice to Management

Keep promises and learn not to over promise. Give employees a better wage and benefits. I got offered jobs to recruit for other companies in the area every week offering more money, and potentially a better environment, considering how negatively I persevered this one. Continue to give praise. A great thing at the company is during office meeting they would highlight specific people or accomplishments. Not only did it let others know what was going on, it was encouraging.

Jan 23, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We are listening to our employees and continuously working to upgrade our facilities as our leased space comes up for renewal. In fact, our Toledo office is well aware ... More

7. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Pontoon Solutions is constantly striving to improve, grow, and win. The company has a lot of energy. They have great benefits.

Cons

Pontoon experiences some of the same problems that all organizations have when you are constantly growing. Things are not always as they seem. It is still a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Do what you say and say what you mean. Some actions do actually speak louder than words.

Nov 28, 2016 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback!

"Room for Improvement"

Pros

There are not many pros... Good starter position if new to industry.

Cons

Poor management, lack of training and career development opportunities for employees. Managers are inexperienced, and need onsite supervision as well as training and coaching, so that good employees do not leave.

Advice to Management

Provide training and supervision to managers.

Nov 14, 2016 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to submit it to us. As you know, we launched our 6 strategic priorities earlier this year and many of the items you mention above are ... More

9. "Excellent Company"

Pros

Great team environment, room for growth.

Cons

I can't list any cons to working for this company

Oct 17, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Glad to hear you are happy with Pontoon.

"Don't be fooled!"

Pros

Outstanding support from direct management - Rare
    Benefits

Cons

Not sure where to start. Management is completely oblivious to what is happening in individual programs and has to let go of the 'one size fits all' business model. Upper Management is extremely political and very little is shared companywide outside of the poorly planned 'All-hands' calls, where you either can't hear anything or your local office requires everyone to watch together even though there is not enough room for all employees. Overall office management is literally a joke; security door was broken for 2 months exposing all floor employees to theft and had to give the internal office manager 3 reminders to fix it.

The talent varies across programs, but one thing is common; people are not in the right positions to do what they are tasked, causing a 'lazy vs work horse' type of work environment. The work horses are over-worked and underappreciated, while those less inclined to do their job(s) correctly are praised for doing simple job tasks or merely doing the job they were hired to do. While employed I happened to fit in the 'work horse' category. I was constantly putting in 50-60 hour weeks without any gratitude to the point it was expected, while others slacked off; I attribute this to a very unqualified VP of a particular account and the basic fact that 70% of account employees work from home which supported a very lax mind-set. Essentially, if you proved you were competent and could do a good job you were expected to help others that had the same job; majority of which had been there before you. On the opposite side, it takes MONTHS for them to 'excuse' an employee from the company even if they aren't doing anything. Typically this happened when they decided to choose a cheaper salaried employee over a more experienced one which lead to a lot of scuttle about 'people of color' issues. People who can't do the work shouldn't be employed regardless of diversity or affirmative action.

Favoritism also runs deep in this company and the 'good ole boy' mentality is alive and well. Getting to upper management is all about who you know in the company and who likes you, regardless of your work. Lack of knowledge about programs within upper management seems to be a common occurrence as well.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Stick to strategy plan; changing every couple of months isn't driving employee morale. Reward those that go the extra mile. Get rid of people more timely and don't let them sit on the company dollar. Hire either experienced employee or those willing to learn and learn quickly. Drive change! The market is shifting and by allowing people to do things they have always done won't keep Pontoon in the mix.

Oct 24, 2016 – SVP, Global Human Resources

We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your feedback. Depending on when you left Pontoon you may not yet have seen the 5 year plan and strategic priorities that have been rolled out ... More

11. "Feedback"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Pontoon Solutions (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great colleagues, good working conditions

Cons

benefits, upper management not receptive to feedback

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

Oct 29, 2016 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback via Glassdoor. We review every comment and try to make positive changes based on the feedback we receive. I would truly like to get more ... More