Pontoon Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Corinne Ripoche Van Hecke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Wonderful work life balance and benefits (in 38 reviews)

• Work/life balance beautiful office technology up to date some great people to work with (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seemed made me feel belittled and underneath them (in 7 reviews)

• I thought for sure based on hard work, dedication, and results, I would have received more of an increase (in 7 reviews)

1. "Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pontoon is a company that offers a fun environment and great culture. You are surrounded by people that are willing to help you succeed and offer assistance in not only your daily responsibilities but also long-term goals. Pontoon lives by the philosophy "work hard, play hard". While you have daily work responsibilities, the office is always doing fun things that make it more like a family than a job.

Cons

We are not always competitive in pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

I like the way that Management is transparent and willing to share what we are doing well and where we have the opportunity to develop.

Sep 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration.

2. "Good people doing good things..."

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

People, culture, vision and opportunities. They really care about each other.

Cons

Pace can be tough to keep up with, rapid change, demanding clients. Easy to get lost in shuffle.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep people top of mind.

Sep 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank for your feedback as well as for the positives. Our pace can definitely be a fast one which people need to understand when they decide to bring their career to Pontoon.

3. "Great team with bright future"

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

Pontoon is essentially a start up having been spun off of several Adecco businesses a few years ago. It has taken time to bring all the moving parts together cohesively and some of that work is ongoing. We have seen exponential growth at the same time we are optimizing what we have. There is an abundance of opportunity for those who seek it.

Cons

As a subsidiary of a large market leader you might assume a certain level of support; however in most respects we are on our own. That is both good and bad. We have freedom to run our business, but also have needs we have to figure out on our own.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the right direction and talk to your employees about where we are headed and why.

Sep 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you! Our growth has been outstanding and we are absolutely focused on bringing that all together.

"Not a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice office space and few colleagues.

Cons

Recent layoffs. Unstable environment. You never know what is going to happen next.

Advice to Management

Prevent and stop showing favoritism. Say what you mean and do what you say.

Sep 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment, We appreciate the feedback and are sorry you are not having a great experience. We strive to create that for all our employees. Our organization and market... More

"Room for Improvement"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

micro management, hostile work environment, no ethics, deducted 5% of base salary during one year when company was not meeting expectations even though our side of the business had a 20% revenue growth and did not the following year return our 5% of base salary

Advice to Management

Spend a day with your workers at all levels and see why the company is doing so well.

Sep 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best as you move forward in your career.

"Don't Ignore The Bad Reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really amazing people that work for Pontoon Solutions and mostly everyone gets at least one remote day in the Norcross office which allows for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

I came in with high expectations and chose to ignore the reviews but I really regret my decision in doing so. During my time here I have been lied to and led on about several different things. I implore everyone looking for a new job and reading these reviews PLEASE do not ignore them and I strongly encourage you to look elsewhere for a new opportunity with a stable and reputable company that will truly value you as an employee and member of their organization.

Advice to Management

Be forth coming and transparent about things; you're playing with people's livelihoods. Learn to value more than just the almighty dollar and maybe you'll be able to be successful.

Aug 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

At Pontoon we try every single day to make the right decisions for the benefit of our people. We know that our people are our most important asset. Our organization is full of hard working... More

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Toledo, OH

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules and you can your cell phone when needed. Lunch is one hour but it's not paid and there is benefits if you are lucky to be hired as a colleague (sometimes it means you have to wait 2-3 years to actually go from an associate to a colleague role)

Cons

Abusive when it comes to work underpaid jobs and overworked all the time. Lunch is not paid, there is "kitchen chores " yeah you read it correctly they make you clean the kitchen once a year and nobody tells you about it until one day somebody approaches you and tells you hey! It's your turn to clean.

Advice to Management

Very little specially if you are not part of the select group liked by management

"Get out...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately I loved this company when I started. They made a lot of changes and then all hell broke loose. This company does not care about the employees that make the company work! There are no opportunities for advancement unless your one of the "favorites" your pay raise is not based on your performance as you cannot receive an A or a 1 on your reviews because it means there is no room for improvement(what kinda...?) Teams are spread thin. Managers do not train their employees. Leaders don't train their managers.You can reach out to leadership but they will push you to the back burner. VPs/directors don't care to learn your name if your a lower level employee. There is no diversity within upper level management.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking about the bottom line and care about the people that work for you. Train your managers to treat their employees with respect. Have upper leadership interact with the people that work for them. Increase diversity within the company. Do better before the boat sinks.

"Find a better place to work"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

Work life balance is ok

Cons

low pay, and little chance for advancement unless you are friends with the right people.

Advice to Management

Increase you pay and get rid of the associate and college system.

Aug 8, 2017 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our organization, like most, has a cyclical nature aspect to its work. As such, we use associates (temporary employees) to supplement our colleague (permanent employees... More

"The Ship is Sinking"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The worker bees are great people and work hard, health benefits were good, vacation time you couldn't take was good

Cons

Everything about management especially the department that you go to about personal matters, policies, or confidentiality. This department you can't trust with knowing a single thing about the office or you because they will use it against you to keep themselves afloat. Maybe with France taking over they will see how corrupt this department is. changes are being made but sadly one of the big ones that affects the worker bees the most is not being made due to being "close" with the right people. It is a shame.