Pontoon Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Pontoon Solutions Reviews

Updated March 22, 2019

Corinne Ripoche Van Hecke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They encourage a good work/life balance and depending on your manager can encourage personal growth" (in 40 reviews)

• "There are many great people within the organization; team members that will become lifetime friends" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance does not exist" (in 9 reviews)

• "no room for growth, low pay, no paid holidays" (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

professional working envt. People oriented

Cons

low salary- no uoward mobility

Advice to Management

Increase pay, more training and

2. "Work/Life Balance and opportunity to make positive changes with cutting edge clients!"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pontoon Solutions and the customer I am consulting for provide the opportunity to work from home 1 day per week after 90 days. They focus on positive feedback and make sure to recognize you for contributions and exceeding expectations for the customer every chance they get. We work well as a team with multiple site and multiple teams working globally - they give us the technology to communicate effectively.

(**most of these reviews seem to align with temps working for Pontoon - take them as a grain of salt if you are considering working as a colleague or associate for Pontoon!! This is a great place to work, takes care of their employees and is experiencing lots of growth!)

Cons

Working on the client site disconnects you from Pontoon Corporate so sometimes you feel out of the loop.

Advice to Management

Speak to your succession plan - allow employees to share their goals and show them how to reach them. If goals cannot be reached in the assigned MSP program be honest and support employees with their career goals on other programs within Pontoon.

3. "Good Place to start your career"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, invaluable learning experiences that will prep you for more advanced work with other companies, excellent management team, work/life balance is fantastic!

Cons

Pay is somewhat low compared to other companies, career opportunities can be somewhat limited (there is an internal posting process, but jobs that would truly qualify as career advancement are rare, you will mostly be moving laterally between jobs)

Advice to Management

Please ensure when you are bringing new hires on that you are actively discussing the difference between colleagues and associates, as this can be very confusing at first and is not always explained well until after you have been hired.

4. "Work/life balance"

Current Employee - Program Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Program Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They encourage a good work/life balance and depending on your manager can encourage personal growth.

Cons

Opportunities depend on who your direct manager is.

Advice to Management

More cohesive culture

Feb 5, 2019 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. In case you weren't already aware as we realize many employees in our organization are required to work remotely, and on our client sites, we make... More

"Pay Attention to Negative Reviews"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Regular office activities
    - Teams supporting clients are pretty close
    - Some of the clients are great to work for, others are not.

Cons

- Open office environment is toxic for so many reasons; people are loud, don't respect those on the phone or trying to concentrate, people get sick regularly, managers constantly watch (fishbowl mentality), people constantly interrupt your work, people try to work from home as often as possible just to have peace and quiet.
    - We're regularly told that there are no merit-based raises and yearly raises are quite low.
    - Pays well below market rate for recruiter role
    - No career paths
    - No solid training; its all fluff
    - Constant favoritism - chances of getting promoted if you aren't friends with the right people are slim to none.
    - Managers will throw employees under the bus in a hot second if it means the client is happy
    - Leadership asks for feedback and innovative ideas: you provide them, they reject them
    - Technology is insanely behind.
    - All numbers driven; just focus on your KPIs and nothing else matters
    - Leadership team doesn't spend time with regular employees to actually learn what we do, what we face, or hear our ideas; they make executive decisions and leave us to deal with the aftermath.
    - Company is cheap; benefits are not great, bonuses are shrinking, company holiday parties are low-budget and poorly thrown together, no company holiday gifts, and collective monthly birthday cake smells like death - is made by someone's mom every month instead of just bought at a store.

Advice to Management

Spend time learning about the personal lives of your employees and hear how the negative work environment effects their performance and causes high attrition rates. If you ask for feedback, take it to heart. Value employees who have stayed through multiple transitions and work harder to provide proper training, technology, pay, and career paths and watch your business flourish. Until you learn how to focus more on your own employees and less on the client, you'll continue to struggle to fill your own positions or bring on new sales.

6. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colloborative team members and cross-departmental support.

Cons

High attrition for senior leadership

Advice to Management

Develop and maintain a sense of cadence for the company. Develop a culture where leaders want to stay and remind human resources to stay within their lane. Business decisions should not be made by HR representation. Subjective opinions do not develop objective business plans.

Feb 5, 2019 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Pontoon has undergone a transformation over the past year. With that comes change at many levels of the organization. We pride ourselves in having an HR team that is fully aligned to the business and... More

"Work life balance at its finest!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and great work life balance. I feel that leadership values the opinions of those of us facing clients daily. Pontoon has evolved with the times and is accelerating into a great culture. It’s a wonderful time to join the the family!

Cons

If you are on a smaller client site you don’t get to see many of your colleagues very often.

Advice to Management

Continue on the current path investing in the technology to help us grow and lead the MSP/RPO space.

Dec 25, 2018 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for the advice! Continued investments in technology are a big part of our forward looking plans. We welcome feedback about those technologies at any time.

8. "Recruitment Coordinator"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time

Pros

good atmosphere, a lot of flexiblity

Cons

no room for growth or raises

Dec 25, 2018 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. It seems you were unaware of the internal job posting process. We absolutely promote from within and prefer to bring our full time permanent colleagues on board from our... More

"Don't be fooled by the positive reviews"

I worked at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible
    -Hour Lunches
    -Paid Holidays (for colleagues)
    -Parking is free

Cons

There is no career advancement no matter how hard you work. "We offer classes at our call enters" is a joke. These classes do not help you move forward in your career and either does hard work. Its all about who you know. While working their I seen several people get promoted with NO experience based of being a managers friend or favorite. Pontoon under pays all employees. If you take an issue to your manager or HR you are "black listed". I would highly suggest to someone looking for a job to look elsewhere unless you are alright being treated like crap, being paid low, and never having a chance to advance in your career. "Apply for a position we consider all applicants" is a joke. Positions are filled before posted and half the time when you do apply for something you are never contacted about the position.

Advice to Management

Take your reviews serious and stop suggesting on company calls for people to flood review sights with positive reviews. Take what former/present employees are saying serious and fix it. There are some very serious issues going on with Pontoon. STOP playing favorites!!!!

10. "A progressive, modern company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Pontoon Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the only job I've ever had where I actually look forward to coming to work. I feel well taken care of and at home working for Pontoon Solutions. The company invests in its workforce through continued training and empowers employees at all levels to contribute their ideas to make the company more efficient and effective.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to share.

Advice to Management

Continue empowering and inspiring us!

Dec 10, 2018 – SVP, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We LOVE that you LOVE coming to work. Keep bringing your best every day and helping us grow!