Pop Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pop Labs Interview Questions

1.7

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pop Labs.

Interview

Applied online before looking at Glass Door. Was emailed back that the desired position has been filled (Still open online), but they would like me to join the sales team. Looked at Glassdoor and it seems like they're fishing for a sales team.

Magento Developer Interview

Interview

It was a complete waste of my time and gas to even interview here. They wanted to pay under $50k for a Magento developer. Laughably low. At a company that DOESN'T pay well the lowest offer I'd expect is about $65-$70k, but in the $30s-$40s is just unheard of. I've outsourced projects to India Magento developers who make close to that.

Anyone working here for that rate coding Magento, wake up and get out. You can easily double your salary just about anywhere else... even if you're fresh out of school. Pop Labs is a sweat shop for programmers.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pop Labs (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Very casual interview with a Senior Account Manage. got a company orientation at first , afterward, I was asked my strengths and what can I bring to the company; then I was asked to scale myself from 1-10 to CRM and others . The whole interview process is quick. It is easy to tell they are not happy with my salary expectation. it seems that this company only wants to hire cheap labor regardless of the quality of the talents.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pop Labs (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was very easy going. From what I saw most of the staff appeared to be 25 or under, so I knew leaving my interview based on that and their reaction to my salary expectations that I would not get a call back. My salary expectations are modest for my skill set and career level, but still too high for a company that clearly wants cheap recent grad labor. I cannot speak for the work environment since I did not get hired on, but this would not have been a good place for me anyway had they offered me the position and met my salary requirements. If you're a recent grad or going to school part-time then this could potentially be a good place to launch your career in design or marketing, but not grow it from what I can tell.

Interview Questions

• What software have you worked with?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pop Labs (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

At best, the entire process could be viewed as a hard sell. The questions were the usual job interview sort, but the way in which they were presented was intimidating. The interview took place in a panel format, but I wasn't informed that I would be interviewing with multiple people. One person was mostly disinterested, another mostly concerned with disproving my resume, and the last never said much.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you working right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation? What negotiation? They had a number in mind, and they wouldn't be moved from it.

Sales/Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pop Labs in November 2011.

Interview

spoke with management over the phone and email. They were really rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

after hearing the rude tone in their voices and reading the rest of the reviews, it do not sound like a great place to be