Population Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Population Council Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Population Council

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Population Council.

Interview

Phone and onsite interview. Did a powerpoint presentation which was followed by group interviews. The HR moved quickly with the application. no behavioral interviews... ..... ...... ....... ....... ..... ....... ...... ....... ........ ........ ........ ...... ...... ......... ........ ....................... .............. ............ ............. . . ... . . . . ... . .

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Population Council.

Interview

Interview lasted approximately 4 hours with 4 different individuals.
    All interviewers were friendly and welcoming.
    The questions were tough at times but all fair.
    They were also very open about positives and negatives of the organization and what they expect from their potential hire.
    It was a great interview process.

Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Population Council (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with HR to discuss availability and basic qualifications. A short phone interview then took place with the hiring manager. It was brief and just reviewing my resume. Lastly, I came in for face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager, a programmer, and a statistician separately. Most of the interview was actually listening to them discuss the role and the product and work. There were very few questions asked of me. Afterwards, a short programming test was given.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code a simple statistical analysis in SAS.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Population Council in September 2010.

Interview

The HR department can be slow to pull relevant CVs for the hiring team. Once the potential candidates have been identified, the process moves faster. Interviewee speaks with the managing employee and as many as five other employees that are on the relevant team.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself moving up in this career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only point of negotiation was the starting date. I was pleased with the salary offer and benefits.