Portland General Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, corresponded a dozen or more times over a week and a half via email before in person interview. Follow-up phone interview with original team and their boss, told it went well and that they would get back to me within the week after other scheduled interviews were completed. Heard nothing, asked a friend at the company to check around, only to find out they hired someone days before (obviously with no intention of letting me know). Grateful I didn't end up working for people who do business like that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland General Electric.

Interview

It was a great experience. Two people from the department interviewed me directly. The whole hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. The questions were not very hard or tricky. I had a great conversation with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Tualatin, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application, testing online, Interview, drug test, background check and 9 weeks training. Dont think this is just any interview. PGE vets its applicants. 150 people applied, less than 40 hired. Be prepared not just with answers but examples.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PGE?   1 Answer

Admininstative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, 2 interviewers, filled out forms. Interviewers were very young, they took turns asking questions from a form. They seemed to be writing my answers down, verbatim, but I am not 100% sure of that. They did not handle conversation well, IMO. During the interview I was sure I was not interested. The best part of the job was the view.

Interview Questions

• How well I work with mundane assignments.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fine, but communication after the interview was underwhelming. They did not contact me when they said they would, then the email I sent a few days later went unanswered. I sent a second inquiry which was finally responded to.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

3 people who asked job history and skill related questions. Each one asked a few pre-defined questions and several follow-up questions based on my input. Allowed me to ask questions related to environment and job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

45 min of form questions, (insufficient) 10 min q&a allowance for candidate. Very conservative old school company. Not very diverse. Has an obvious dress code and older age range for professional (read non customer service and support oriented). Not par for course with modern western company culture. One interviewer had obvious issues interviewing a diverse candidate from the get go before introduction.

Interview Questions

• I lot of open ended questions. hard to determine what they were looking for whether it was technical acumen or management acumen.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

First you take an online test which I have taken twice now. it used to be onsite and no9w you are allowed to take it from home. Group interview with 1 manager and 1 HR person. they rotate who asks what questions often taking turns with the managerial and actual work questions. Particularly the questions about call handling and difficult caller. The most uncomfortable part of the interview was the role playing it is very juvenile and doesn't accurately portray customers actually calling in.

Interview Questions

• What do I do for stress? How do you cope with work stress and home life?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Tualatin, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

After application, did online testing. Invited to in person interview. Two interviews with two people each. Very personable. Was told there was another week of interviews to be done and that they would provide feedback either way. No way to follow up with anyone and over two weeks later have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the interview?   1 Answer

Operations Planning Engineer III/IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. 4 weels later, HR called me right before diner with the family and phone screened/interviewed me during that call stating it would just take a couple of minutes despie me stating I am abut to eat diner at a restaurant ...45 minutes later of continued questions, I stated I had to get off the phone and ended the call. Hr called back the next day to schedule a phone interview with the hiring with one day notice and only one option of time...take it or leave it mentality. After the phone interview, I never heard back from Hr or the hiring manager even after leaving a voice message with Hr six weeks later requesting a stats update.

Interview Questions

• The HR Phone screening asked me about my background experience and general items like current compensation and expected compensation. The trying to talk me into taking the lower level iii grade and a pay cut then stating once I prove myself, they could promote me to the lateral level of iv grade. Asked a could of behavioral questions and career ambitions...all this on the initial intro call despite me suggesting to schedule a time to call back and that I was about to eat diner with my family in the restaurant...then the Hr started asking me about my family just before I abruptly ended the call.

Basic star behavioral questions by the interview panel. Several of the prospect team mates were on the call. They did ask questions of goals and ambition which was a edged question as I stated interest in management opportunities in 3-5 years...they seemed very uninterested at that point.   1 Answer