Portland General Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Portland General Electric Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2018

3.1

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric.

Interview

Four separate interviews on different days (1) Extended phone interview, (2) face to face two personal panel, (3) 2nd face to face panel interview and (4) final interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What books are you reading?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, corresponded a dozen or more times over a week and a half via email before in person interview. Follow-up phone interview with original team and their boss, told it went well and that they would get back to me within the week after other scheduled interviews were completed. Heard nothing, asked a friend at the company to check around, only to find out they hired someone days before (obviously with no intention of letting me know). Grateful I didn't end up working for people who do business like that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland General Electric.

Interview

It was a great experience. Two people from the department interviewed me directly. The whole hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. The questions were not very hard or tricky. I had a great conversation with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was good with all testing methodologies, previous working experience, behavioral questions, analytical questions and lots of questions about testing techniques

Interview process was overall easy they would expect on how well you were able to assess things

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had no documents to review, how would test?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Tualatin, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application, testing online, Interview, drug test, background check and 9 weeks training. Dont think this is just any interview. PGE vets its applicants. 150 people applied, less than 40 hired. Be prepared not just with answers but examples.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PGE?   1 Answer

Admininstative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, 2 interviewers, filled out forms. Interviewers were very young, they took turns asking questions from a form. They seemed to be writing my answers down, verbatim, but I am not 100% sure of that. They did not handle conversation well, IMO. During the interview I was sure I was not interested. The best part of the job was the view.

Interview Questions

• How well I work with mundane assignments.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fine, but communication after the interview was underwhelming. They did not contact me when they said they would, then the email I sent a few days later went unanswered. I sent a second inquiry which was finally responded to.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

3 people who asked job history and skill related questions. Each one asked a few pre-defined questions and several follow-up questions based on my input. Allowed me to ask questions related to environment and job requirements.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

45 min of form questions, (insufficient) 10 min q&a allowance for candidate. Very conservative old school company. Not very diverse. Has an obvious dress code and older age range for professional (read non customer service and support oriented). Not par for course with modern western company culture. One interviewer had obvious issues interviewing a diverse candidate from the get go before introduction.

Interview Questions

• I lot of open ended questions. hard to determine what they were looking for whether it was technical acumen or management acumen.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

First you take an online test which I have taken twice now. it used to be onsite and no9w you are allowed to take it from home. Group interview with 1 manager and 1 HR person. they rotate who asks what questions often taking turns with the managerial and actual work questions. Particularly the questions about call handling and difficult caller. The most uncomfortable part of the interview was the role playing it is very juvenile and doesn't accurately portray customers actually calling in.

Interview Questions

• What do I do for stress? How do you cope with work stress and home life?   1 Answer