Portland General Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2018

3.1

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clatskanie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Clatskanie, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Very basic and super interview. No surprises. Just be respectful and friendly. I came to the work place and they went to the interview room. There was three people interviewing me from three different areas of specialty HR, Technical Manager, and Materials Coordinator. It was a relaxed and easy interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied online, corresponded a dozen or more times over a week and a half via email before in person interview. Follow-up phone interview with original team and their boss, told it went well and that they would get back to me within the week after other scheduled interviews were completed. Heard nothing, asked a friend at the company to check around, only to find out they hired someone days before (obviously with no intention of letting me know). Grateful I didn't end up working for people who do business like that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland General Electric.

Interview

It was a great experience. Two people from the department interviewed me directly. The whole hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. The questions were not very hard or tricky. I had a great conversation with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

The whole thing began with a phone screen from the recruiter. I interviewed with the communications team and the manager, at which point I found out that the position had pivoted a bit from what was listed on the ad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to a point. If I held out for what my original goal was, I would be disqualified. So the recruiter worked with me to pick a number that worked for both of us.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter right away who gave me an on-the-spot phone screening. At the end of the 10 minute screening, the recruiter said she was confident that I would be coming in for an in person interview, but that I would hear back either way regardless of what they decided.
    I followed up and heard nothing. I checked in weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently do? Why do you want to work here? When could you start?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Portland General Electric.

Interview

Four separate interviews on different days (1) Extended phone interview, (2) face to face two personal panel, (3) 2nd face to face panel interview and (4) final interview in person.

Interview Questions

• What books are you reading?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR).

Interview

Lots of experience and technical questions, however they were very personable and interested in your personality and will give slack when coming to technical questions if you can explain how you normally navigate such territory.

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview included questions about experience and a mock customer support call. In person interview included more of this plus detailed description of job and current/upcoming IT projects of relevance. Was given a tour at end of in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions and none of the questions seemed particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation to be done, very straight-forward contract position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was fine, but communication after the interview was underwhelming. They did not contact me when they said they would, then the email I sent a few days later went unanswered. I sent a second inquiry which was finally responded to.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Portland General Electric (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line, called few weeks later. Panel interview, everyone seemed pleasant and professional. Called for second interview, same experience. Called for third interview, interviewed with "Dragon Lady" upstairs. Everyone seemed to be fearful of her. She didn't seem prepared. The best description I can give is "A SNOB". Maybe it was the elevation and thin air. I was assured I would be hearing from someone. Three weeks later I contacted recruitment and again I was assured they would be communicating with me. Two months later, nothing. I wouldn't work for PGE if they offered a VP job. If this is how they treat applicants (and customers), how do they treat the employees?? Maybe the other departments are better, but HR should be more professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple demands?   1 Answer