Poundland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Poundland Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexleyheath, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Poundland (Bexleyheath, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

came in for an interview, was told about what position they are offering, how many hours, explained my contract, asked about any of mine commitments. Was given my contract to fill out along with bank details and the like, had to make photo copy of passport and the like. was explained paperwork takes about a week to be processed started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• it can get late, can you work late?   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willenhall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Willenhall, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 stage Interview process, including a competency Interview with a presentation and another informal Chat with the Head Of Department. I was well informed throughout the process which is great, there's nothing worse than hanging around for feedback after you have attended an Interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied with a cv and was contacted by email with a brief to how my first interview would be constructed and what I needed to do to prepare.
    After this interview I was contacted again by email to attend an assessment centre with role play , questions and answers and a situation test after this I was contacted by phone that I had been successful

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Poundland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

An assessment day to begin with which consisted of role play,analytical investigation & answer questions from brief against a time frame, download of business info & then feedback to Business Manager & other and finished off by an interview with a Business Mgr.

Interview Questions

• General questions : How did you - What did you react / feel in a situation at work with a colleague. Explain the outcome etc   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Gillingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Group Interview - Speaking with other applicants, completing short paper test and then one on one interview.

There was quite a lot of applicants in the first two rounds - in the first we had to introduce ourselves and tell the rest of the people there about the people we are paired with.

Second, we had a small IQ test which was based on retail - those who passed this test and the first round were invited for a one on one interview.

The one on one interview was quite simple with the interview being very kind and helpful - explaining most of the questions we would have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Poundland (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

interview with business manager then resourcing team called for assessment and and it was a whole day process ,once you achieve what company is looking for they call u within few days and make the offer which is always negotiable.

Interview Questions

• your experience,general questions about who you are and what u like,knowledge of business and how would u perform under pressure   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Poundland (Colchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was really nice, the interviewer which is my store manager currently was real nice through out the interview. They dont ask ridiculous questions. Just simple questions regarding retail business.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Poundland (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy had the interview with manager and assistant manager lasted about 1 hour started walking home after interview had a phone call while walking home saying I had the job.

Human Resources Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willenhall, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Willenhall, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency.

There was initially a quick turnaround in relation to being asked to the first interview however this was then followed by delay after delay trying to get an response / outcome from the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the project?   1 Answer

H R Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willenhall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Poundland (Willenhall, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Roel was advertised on their website, applied with CV to recruitment manager's email address. I initially had a swift reply and interviewed at the Willenhall office with the Recruitment and HR Managers. However following this I was given very positive feedback but did not hear from them again for 4 weeks, to which I randomly received an email saying I had been successful and they wanted to offer me the role. The role was changed to a very recruitment focused position (not what I recruited for) and the salary was less than expected. By this time I had accepted another role, I kindly declined and received no reply.

Interview Questions

• What job roles have you recruited for, to what level and how many?   Answer Question