Poundland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Poundland Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2018

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

laid-back interview, shown shop and offices, talked through the store. Feedback given. Got back to me really quickly. Interviewer nice, quite young, shop manager. Asked questions like availability, best and worst traits, how I would deal with a rude customer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Poundland in September 2017.

Interview

Handed CV in and was asked to come the next day for interview. Was with the manager and assistant manager. Wouldn’t really call it an interview, they told me about the poistion, pay and what hours i would be doing.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bexleyheath, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Poundland (Bexleyheath, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

came in for an interview, was told about what position they are offering, how many hours, explained my contract, asked about any of mine commitments. Was given my contract to fill out along with bank details and the like, had to make photo copy of passport and the like. was explained paperwork takes about a week to be processed started work the following week.

Interview Questions

• it can get late, can you work late?   1 Answer

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willenhall, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Willenhall, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 stage Interview process, including a competency Interview with a presentation and another informal Chat with the Head Of Department. I was well informed throughout the process which is great, there's nothing worse than hanging around for feedback after you have attended an Interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied with a cv and was contacted by email with a brief to how my first interview would be constructed and what I needed to do to prepare.
    After this interview I was contacted again by email to attend an assessment centre with role play , questions and answers and a situation test after this I was contacted by phone that I had been successful

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Poundland (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

An assessment day to begin with which consisted of role play,analytical investigation & answer questions from brief against a time frame, download of business info & then feedback to Business Manager & other and finished off by an interview with a Business Mgr.

Interview Questions

• General questions : How did you - What did you react / feel in a situation at work with a colleague. Explain the outcome etc   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Gillingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Group Interview - Speaking with other applicants, completing short paper test and then one on one interview.

There was quite a lot of applicants in the first two rounds - in the first we had to introduce ourselves and tell the rest of the people there about the people we are paired with.

Second, we had a small IQ test which was based on retail - those who passed this test and the first round were invited for a one on one interview.

The one on one interview was quite simple with the interview being very kind and helpful - explaining most of the questions we would have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Poundland (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

interview with business manager then resourcing team called for assessment and and it was a whole day process ,once you achieve what company is looking for they call u within few days and make the offer which is always negotiable.

Interview Questions

• your experience,general questions about who you are and what u like,knowledge of business and how would u perform under pressure   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Poundland (Colchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was really nice, the interviewer which is my store manager currently was real nice through out the interview. They dont ask ridiculous questions. Just simple questions regarding retail business.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgware, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Poundland (Edgware, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

All process took 3 weeks. I applied in person in Poundland Edgware, London. Later that day I got a phone call asking me to come for an interview the following week. The interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions, just who am I, when I came in London.   Answer Question