PowerAdvocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PowerAdvocate Interview Questions

Interviews at PowerAdvocate

2.8

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Interview

it is a long interview last around 4 hours
    There're three parts of the interview. And the first part would ask your experiences
    short answer questions and coding test
    java and web technologies and sql basic questions

Interview Questions

• some behavioral questions about what do you want to get from this company... don't know what interviewers expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process has 3 rounds including two rounds of testing. All happened in a day within 3-4 hours.
    First I met with a senior developer and talk about things in my resume, was asked some normal behavior questions.
    Then the first interviewer gave me half hour to do a short answer test, including Java, JavaScript, Database, Algorithm.
    After the test, I had a half hour break, and then met with the second interviewer, their primitive engineer. He reviewed the short answer test with me quickly, and then started to ask some technical question based on my experience.
    After the second round interview, the interviewer gave me a coding test to complete within 45 minutes.
    After the coding test, I met with their CTO.
    Got an offer after two days.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It's a pretty long interview, with behavioral and technical sessions. The interview was not overly difficult, as they were fairly understanding if you don't know something. The most important thing is to show them that you are capable of thinking and attention to detail. There is a section where things are written, and a programming problem.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

In the interview, was mainly asked about my experience. There were 3 rounds. 1st interviewer explained the work done at Poweradvocate and the technologies used. Then was given a written test with questions from Java, Javascript, SQL and some other OOP concepts. This was pretty easy test with basic questions. Next interviewer asks some basic java questions and some HR questions. He gives a programming test. The test is also pretty basic. The time given is also around 45 mins which is enough to complete the test. The third interviewer just reviews the written test and answers any questions related to it. Thats it. The process takes aroung 4-5 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Series of interviews: talked to 3 different team members, took 2 tests and then talked to the CTO. Whole process took about 4.5 hours. The team members were incredibly enthusiastic and talked about technical questions but also asked personal/behavioral questions. The first test was a short answer test regarding Java, JavaScript, and some Database and Algorithm questions. The second test was a coding problem in Java. Was given 45 minutes for each test, after which a team member came in to discuss any questions.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Interview

4-hour ish interview:
    resume questions, short answer test, review of that test with a senior developer, coding test in Java, review of that test with a developer, each part was around 45 mins each

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

4 hour long on-site interview with three senior engineers. Three parts to the whole interview: behavioral (conversation about the company), technical short answer (they look for problem solving skills), and a coding assignment.

They were very quick to schedule an interview and respond with an offer afterwards!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

45 minute behavioral, a lot of going over your resume
    40 minute test on java, js, sql, big-O
    30 minute going over test
    45 minute on writing a java program
    45 minute going over program + some more behavioral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Met at a career fair on campus. Interview took 3-4 hours onsite. Three parts: behavioral, short answer, and programming, each with a different member of the company. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Runtime of performing specific actions on an arrayList vs. a doubly-linked list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PowerAdvocate (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

45 minutes behavioral.
    45 minutes short-answer test about Java, web development, and SQL.
    45 minutes going over short-answer test and more behavioral.
    45 minutes programming test.
    45 minutes going over programming test and more behavioral.