Progeny Systems Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progeny Systems Corp. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

They sat me down and asked me to elaborate more on my previous programming and software development that I have done. Then they asked me questions about why I want to be a software engineer, given that I am not a computer science major. Other than that they were just trying to get a feel on if I am a well rounded student that can be placed in a situation where I might not be fully comfortable and if I can work towards accomplishing a goal.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a pseudocode in any programming language I like. The code I had to write is the popular FIZZBUZZ computer code. You have numbers from 1-100 and if the number is divisible by 3 and 5 print FIZZBUZZ. If it is divisible by 3 print BUZZ and if its divisible by 5 print FIZZ.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Manassas, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, then went in for a first round in-person technical interview with panel of two interviewer, then went in for second round of yet another in-person technical interview with panel of two interviewers. first round was easy, technical questions was asked from a list. second round was tougher, was ask mostly about things outlined on resume. Even though I spent a day studying to prepare for relative materials to job description, they were accessing materials to classes that was so long ago that I can't recall the details about how I did my assignment. I thought I was prepared to defend my resume, these guys showed me how little I was prepared.

Interview Questions

• describe the process of how I perform man-in-the-middle attack on a host system
      what tool was used to break break ssl encryption
      describe how you decipher wifi wep encryption, what tool did you use, how does the tool work, what command did you used
      demonstrate how you normalize a entity relational database on a white board
      coding challenge on a computer: write a method in any language to take an integer argument and return a string with comma separating every thousands place.
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Bremerton, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

in a conference room with all of the 2/3 of the office either present or in/out (in all fairness that was a total of about 5 people). It was basically an oral exam you might take in Java I or II, the tricky part is most people who interview took Java II at least 3 years ago. Fortunately my job during school kept me familiar with that stuff.

Interview Questions

• Scenario - you are writing banking software:
      you need to model the following system,
      1 user can have 0 or more accounts
      an account can be checking or savings
      1 Answer
    • What is the difference between StringBuffer, StringBuilder, and String   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest problem with Java   1 Answer
    • what is the difference between =, ==, and === (the only JavaScript question)   1 Answer
    • explain the purpose of polymorphism in Java   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter and was contacted by phone within a few days. Phone interview was somewhat technical but mostly behavioral. the interview was very casual and easy going. The recruiter was very knowledgeable and passionate about his company.

Engineer1 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp..

Interview

Very quick in contacting me. Applied through recruiter. They are a very good company to work for. Had an interview in a couple days. The interview was a technical interview. Very hard. Must be very knowledgeable.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (State College, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I emailed a project manager about some pertinent experience that I had and he gave me an interview the next day. The interview was moderately technical, but it was about stuff I had done specifically. Then they asked about my pepper blog.

Interview Questions

• How many all-nighters have you pulled this year.   Answer Question
    • How are your peppers coming along?   Answer Question
    • How did you go about developing that system (FFT spectral analysis software for voice identification)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Manassas, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

HR is very quick in communication. Mostly talked about items in the resume. I talked to several managers ( some asked technical questions, some did not).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Manassas, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with four different groups. I was asked some technical details about previous projects that I had worked on. The people that I interviewed with described the programs that they were interviewing me for. Two days later, Progeny contacted me and asked which area I would like to work for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the software that I wrote for a previous job. I think they wanted to see how articulate I was, and whether my particular experience matched their needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They made an offer, and I accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Somerset, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

After a phone interview, I drove down to Somerset to have an onsite interview. I was surprised by the quickness of the interview that day, perhaps even a bit put off by it given the amount of time it took me to drive down to Somerset. I spoke with 2 engineers across a table for less than a half hour, then was given a walking tour of the office for about five minutes, then sat down one more time to talk with a manager. I was shaking hands and walking back to my car in little more than an hour. I wasn't sure if I'd made a good impression until I received an offer, and it was a good one, too. Unfortunately by that time I'd decided against working there.

Interview Questions

They were making do with what they had, but there wasn't much there, not yet. The entire office could be walked in the space of a minute, and except for the manager, the crew was young. If you're looking to work for a start-up, or a part of a company that still needed to prove itself to the rest of the company, then this could be the place for you. Also, the surrounding area was very economically distressed, which unfortunately may have factored into my decision not to accept the offer more than anything.

Computer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleroi, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progeny Systems Corp. (Charleroi, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Progeny was recruiting at my university. I didn't even remember talking to them until I received an email asking me if I'd be interested in an interview. I first had a phone interview. Two people were supposed to be doing the interview, but one was sick, so I only had one interviewer for the phone interview. It was simple. There were basic questions about my experience and leadership abilities. I was told about the company and the work I'd be doing if hired. I guess it went well because I was asked to set up an on-site interview. When that day came, I drove around for an hour trying to pinpoint the location. I was given coordinates to put into Google Maps which gave me unclear directions (in their defense, the roads were horribly labeled). I was glad I left early, because I took an extra 30 minutes making sure I was in the right area. I'm used to large corporations, so I was surprised at how small the actual site was. When it was finally time for the interview, I was taken into a conference room right by the entrance. I sat facing the windows and was blinded the entire time. As I waited for the interview to start, more people kept pouring into the room. I think I had about 6 different people there... all staring at me. Then the interview started. Everyone would ask a question as it came to them. However, I remember the oldest man in the group took control. He asked me about a group project I worked on and told me that I did it wrong. He wouldn't let the subject go. He told me what we should have done, why we were wrong, and why his way is much better. It was a company sponsored project and we were told to not do it his way. Then he bashed the company. The other questions were basic interview questions: Why do you want to work at Progeny? What would you bring to the company? What sort of experience do you have? etc. The interviewers would make up their own questions based off of your answers just to get more details and clarity. Easy interview, but they made me feel very unwanted. Overall, having them all stare at me from the other side of an oval table and not being able to see them from the glare was quite unnerving. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. Needless to say, I didn't finish filling out the employee application online because I knew there was no way I'd work there.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what you _should_ have done for your design project?   1 Answer