Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Prophet Brand Strategy

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied for position through On Campus Recruiting, simple resume drop, I also sent in a cover letter directly to the recruiter, which was not required. Interview consisted of two 30 minute back-to-back interviews. The first interview was 15min behavioral (walk me through your resume, why prophet, etc) and then two mini-case questions, your opinion and reasoning for what some brands should do.

The second interview was a presentation, we were told before hand to prepare 3 slides answering one of the following questions. • Please select a brand that you feel is a strong brand. Explain why you think it is a strong brand. Where/how can they improve?
    • Please select a brand you feel is an underleveraged brand. Explain why you think it is not reaching its potential. Where/how can they improve?
    You then walk the interviewer through your presentation, your reasons why you believe what you would do. Next you are told to implement one of your recommendations. How would you go about it and such. Finally a few behavioral questions specific to Prophet (what would be your biggest strength at Prophet, your learning curve, etc).

Interview Questions

• Mini-Case Question: Starbucks is thinking of introducing drive-through coffee at their stores. Would you recommend this to them? There is no additional information available   Answer Question
    • Mini-Case Question: Walmart is thinking of introducing their own private brand. What thing should they be aware of in heading in this direction? There is no additional information available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Berkeley, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

My interview was on-campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews back-to-back. The first was all behavioral questions and the second was a prepared case presentation. My behavioral interview was irritating because the guy would barely look at me as he asked me the questions or when he listened to me reply. He just kept looking at the wall. The second interview was a lot more pleasant. She was very alert and appear to care about what I had to say. It looked like they were playing good cop/bad cop so don't let that get you down.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in May 2010.

Interview

- initial phone screening by HR - mainly to see that you are articulate and excited about the job
    - first round interview (3 people) - you'll have a case study to complete, a normal (not so difficult) consulting case
    - second round interview (3 people) - you are expected to present a few powerpoint slides based on a pre-established topic

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview consisted of several brief branding scenarios, preceded by resume questions and some typical behavioral questions. The second component on campus was essentially pitching a brand, describing it's strengths and weaknesses. On-site interview was a brand discussion with a partner, a behavioral interview with a senior consultant, and a branding case with an EM. I was left for about 45min to answer questions about a specific brand.

Associate Interview

Interview

I Interviewed with two different people. One interviewer asked case study questions and for the other you were supposed to prepare a 3 power point slide presentation on a brand you considered strong or weak and why. Both interviewers were friendly and overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If coca-cola wanted to start making coffee, what would they need to consider in making this decision?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

I first had a phone call about my experience and interest. The recruiter then asked me to come into the office for an in-person interview. They emailed me an assignment to prepare where I had to prepare a short presentation. The in-person interview had two sections: one was the presentation and the other was a behavioral interview with mini case studies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a company that brands themselves well. Why/how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a very friendly and helpful manager from HR, and was then brought in for series of in-person interviews. One was a prepared brand presentation on either a strong or weak brand, one was an on-the-spot case study, and another a behavioral interview basically asking "why Prophet?" and "why branding?". Finally I met with a partner who had me run through another case, followed by a discussion about consulting, branding, and Prophet in general. It was a challenging, yet very enjoyable process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

First round was quick on campus.

One nice interviewer who sold the company on culture, fun values etc. They throw a softball case at you and make you feel good about it.

Second interviewer was much more challenging; tough case with a lot of interruptions. will try to brush aside your strengths to get at your weaknesses.

Final round: 3 or four interviews. All somewhere in between the first two in difficulty: One hard numbers case where you make a recommendation after reviewing a deck. And a few questions dealing with brands you are familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Lady Gaga and Target are thinking of starting a brand line together. What are your thoughts?

Starbucks in thinking of serving alcoholic beverages in the evenings. what are your thoughts?

Starbucks in thinking of moving into drive through serving. What are your thoughts?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

The first round of interviews was conducted on campus. It includes two interviews: one behavioral/mini cases and one presentation. The behavioral interview was mostly questions about my resume and past experience. The mini cases were simply business scenarios and if you thought it made sense (i.e. Starbucks is thinking about expanding its dinner options, do you think this is a good idea). The presentation topic was emailed to me a few days before the interview. You had to pick a brand and discuss whether you thought it was good or bad, why you thought that, and what opportunities for improvement you think they have. Both of these interviews were engaging and not too difficult. Following that round, I was invited to go onsite for the last round. This included 2 behavioral interviews with partners (extremely conversational) and a case study with a senior associate. The case is given to you at the beginning of the case interview and you have 20 minutes to review it. Then you spend the next 40 answering questions listed on the case and follow-up questions. This was just meant to test your critical thinking skills (not trying to trick you) and you do not need any formalized approaches to solve it. The next week they called me to inform me I did not receive an offer. Despite the negative outcome, I would recommend the company to others interested in applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY).

Interview

We first had a phone call where they wanted to get to know me better. After that, we scheduled an in-person interview where there were 2 sections: behavioral and case studies.