Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prophet Brand Strategy Interview Questions

3.3

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two back-to-back 30-minute interviews, one behavioral/fit/resume walk-through, one powerpoint presentation (pick a strong brand and explain why and how it can improve). In the latter, I gave my presentation and together we talked about other ways the brand could expand and worked through some pain points of the consumer experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had to open up a coffeeshop in on a university campus, what kinds of things would you think about?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever bought anything simply because of the brand and why?   Answer Question
    • Why brand management consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY).

Interview

We first had a phone call where they wanted to get to know me better. After that, we scheduled an in-person interview where there were 2 sections: behavioral and case studies.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (San Francisco, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

They asked me to walk them through my portfolio and if there was anything in particular I wanted to show them from It. The also asked about other employers I had and about the things a like the most about my career.

Most of the questions came from a particular project I was talking about. My process, my thinking behind everything, etc...

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Berkeley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There are 2 back-to-back interviews. One with mostly case questions, the other you have to present slides on a good or bad brand that you've prepared beforehand. I might be wrong, but it felt like they took a good cop-bad cop approach. First interviewer was very open and casual, eager to hear your thoughts on the brand you're presenting. Second interviewer was much more distant, playing with her jacket and checking her watch constantly.

Interview Questions

• A number of different scenarios and they ask you about how you'd approach the situation, e.g. Disneyland is thinking of expanding to open a theme park for adults. Safeway is thinking of producing a line of premium store-brand products.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in November 2015.

Interview

i had to prepare a 3 page powerpoint on an underleveraged brand and had 3 mini cases. It was a back to back interview that was really laid back. the first interviewer was a woman and she gave me the mini business cases. the second interview was me presentating my powerpoint. after the powerpoint, he asked me a whole bunch of questions trying to find a flaw in my argument. you just have to be able to counter everything.

Interview Questions

• if disney was moving into the adult industry how would they go about it?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Norfolk, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 back to back interviews. Both extremely nice. Had to give a presentation on my favorite/ least favorite brand. The interview will definitely get more in depth... asking tough questions. Then the second interview is case based relating to branding problems. They are testing you on how creative and innovate you can be with your solutions. They are looking for out of the box thinkers and people with a high level of people skills. My advice for you would be to put yourself in the situation and really be the consumer. That really helped me with my interview. They will also allocate a significant amount of time for you to ask company specific questions so I would come prepared.

Interview Questions

• 1. How can you improve X brand.
      2. Should disney expand into the adult industry.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an interview. The interview was two parts. The first part was a series of case study questions. They were fun questions, and mostly they just wanted to see how you thought. The second part was a presentation of good/bad brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview consisted of several brief branding scenarios, preceded by resume questions and some typical behavioral questions. The second component on campus was essentially pitching a brand, describing it's strengths and weaknesses. On-site interview was a brand discussion with a partner, a behavioral interview with a senior consultant, and a branding case with an EM. I was left for about 45min to answer questions about a specific brand.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy.

Interview

I first had a phone call about my experience and interest. The recruiter then asked me to come into the office for an in-person interview. They emailed me an assignment to prepare where I had to prepare a short presentation. The in-person interview had two sections: one was the presentation and the other was a behavioral interview with mini case studies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a company that brands themselves well. Why/how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prophet Brand Strategy (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a very friendly and helpful manager from HR, and was then brought in for series of in-person interviews. One was a prepared brand presentation on either a strong or weak brand, one was an on-the-spot case study, and another a behavioral interview basically asking "why Prophet?" and "why branding?". Finally I met with a partner who had me run through another case, followed by a discussion about consulting, branding, and Prophet in general. It was a challenging, yet very enjoyable process.