Publishers Clearing House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Indeed.com, was called in for an in-person interview 2 weeks later, and received the job offer another 2 weeks after the interview. Interviewed by 4 people, each individually, & each getting shorter in time as they progressed. Was in the building for roughly 2 hours, very pleasant experience with everyone I encountered.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Jericho, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Three stage interview. One phone interview with HR, one skype interview with a senior manager, and one in person interview with a panel of senior engineers. The phone and skype interviews were really just to get to know me a little and see if I'd be able to mesh with the company's culture. The technical interview was easy and if I was somewhat less qualified it would have been even easier. The panel I interviewed with was very ready to test the depth of my knowledge in all sorts of relevant topics. There were very few questions about acronyms and basics.

Interview Questions

• What are the REST API verbs?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the head of digital, the head of social media, the former social media manager and the HR director across two separate visits.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach responding to 2000 facebook comments per day?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple interview, sit with your direct manager, then your indirect manager, then the assistant controller, and then the controller

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they just test your basic knowledge like, what is an accrual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Melville, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy- the job did not really require that much in terms of experience more about your availability of schedule to work because the hours were unique- I went into the interview and I was offered the job at the end of the interview and took a tour of the office space to get a quick preview of what I was going to be doing

Interview Questions

• What are some characteristics that make you fit into our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY).

Interview

The interview process was kind of unique. I sat in room and 3 different depart heads, who were looking for interns, came in one after another. I talked about my experiences and they basically showcased the responsibilities. At the end of interview I was asked which department I wanted to work for by HR.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

From the second I walked in everyone was very friendly. They started off with the usual tell me about yourself. They asked a few basic questions. Discussed what the job actually entails and if they think you would be a fit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Head quarters is beautiful but very far and difficult to get to. Met with 4 people for 2 marketing internship positions. I felt very qualified but even after the interview I could not understand how they make money. The following week I found out they interviewed many many people they met through college career fairs. I send 2 follow up emails and still haven't heard back yet. Something tells me I did not get the position but I don't see why.
    I wish they had the decency to answer me and let me know either way.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? Tell me about yourself & resume   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

Applied online (via their job portal). I was contacted by an HR person (who asked me some basic questions) and set up a time to come in to interview. I interviewed with higher ups from the marketing department. Heard back a few days later with an offer... wasn't given that much time to think about it either.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was standard. Consisted of questions about background and what you are looking for as a candidate. In person interview was friendly and not very professional. I took a few hours to get to the location and met with about 3 different people since I was "suited for multiple positions" within the company. I was told I would be contacted but never was.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a high paced environment with little specifications or task management?   1 Answer

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with HR recruiter and 3 members of the department. Everyone was very friendly. Spent about 2 hours there. Head of HR said I should hear that week. They never got back to me. At least have the decency to contact me regardless of the decision!