Publishers Clearing House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Indeed.com, was called in for an in-person interview 2 weeks later, and received the job offer another 2 weeks after the interview. Interviewed by 4 people, each individually, & each getting shorter in time as they progressed. Was in the building for roughly 2 hours, very pleasant experience with everyone I encountered.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

I was called a month after submitting my application and scheduled an interview for the following week. I met with my potential supervisor and hr. It was very generic. Everyone was great.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What would you current/previous boss say is something good you do and something you need to work on?   Answer Question
    • Would having to work after hours be a potential problem for you?   Answer Question

Insights Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in August 2016.

Interview

Waste of time. HR rep called me during middle of work to tell me they were interested - fine. I asked him if my one day availability during the school year would be okay, and he said it was.

When I went in to interview, they told me they could only do $12/hr, less than my current internship, and that one day a week wouldn't work for them...

Why not just say you couldn't do one day a week in the first place? Why waste my time like that?

They also made me fill out a paper application after they had already gotten my resume electronically.

HR also made fun of the fact that I took online courses at stanford??? Really not sure what's going on over at PCH HR.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability during the week?   1 Answer
    • What kind of work will the insights Intern be doing? (I asked the HR rep this)   1 Answer

Hadoop Dev/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I got call from vendor with this position. There will be first Skype round and then followed by face to face round at PCH office, Long Island, NY. There may be panel of 2 persons.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Head quarters is beautiful but very far and difficult to get to. Met with 4 people for 2 marketing internship positions. I felt very qualified but even after the interview I could not understand how they make money. The following week I found out they interviewed many many people they met through college career fairs. I send 2 follow up emails and still haven't heard back yet. Something tells me I did not get the position but I don't see why.
    I wish they had the decency to answer me and let me know either way.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? Tell me about yourself & resume   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

Meet first with HR and had a mini interview, then was introduced to and interviewed with 4 other individuals. Finally met with the VP, and was sent once around again to meet one last time with HR. Great atmosphere, wonderful people for the most part. Interview lasted over 3 hours. Instead of telling me I didn't get the job though, they ceased all communication with me and refused to respond to follow email and phone call. Very rude and unprofessional, overall it soured the positive experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What industries are doing the best/worst, what recommendations would you make for the future?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews, It was a very relaxed interview talking about prior experience and what is expected. Also included was how the company plans to grow and competition

Interview Questions

• It was a very relaxed interview and prior experience and expectations were included   Answer Question

Negotiation

You need to negotiate salary

Manager, Customer Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a nice experience . interviewer made the interview decent and cool , which make my interview easy going. They emphases more on logical and practical work done in your carrier. Ask all the general concepts including Database query, Operating system basic concepts, Testing terminology,etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Melville, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy- the job did not really require that much in terms of experience more about your availability of schedule to work because the hours were unique- I went into the interview and I was offered the job at the end of the interview and took a tour of the office space to get a quick preview of what I was going to be doing

Interview Questions

• What are some characteristics that make you fit into our company?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the head of digital, the head of social media, the former social media manager and the HR director across two separate visits.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach responding to 2000 facebook comments per day?   Answer Question