Publishing Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Four step process. First was an online questionairre that took roughly 45 minutes. Second was a phone call with hiring manager. We went over my resume in detail, matching dates with jobs, experience, and skills. The face-to-face interviews were in the office. I met with 3 people AND had a chance to shadow a sales associate to see if I was really interested in the position.

It was a very positive experience. They look for people who will fit into their culture. They seek integrity, people with a proactive team approach, and who are willing to work hard but have fun. I've never experienced anything like this interview. It was a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you teachable?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in a remote position? How do you think you will manage?   1 Answer

Nov 30, 2017 – Vice President

Thank you for posting your positive experience with our hiring (selection) process. We hope that you are continuing to enjoy the work and the culture here at PCI>

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Regular interview process, Asked situational questions. There is a strong focus on customer service and how well can you service the customers. The company culture has a focus on Servant Leadership and they are looking for people that can live by the 7 company principles

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (San Antonio, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with Ericka who was very personable and transparent. I knew immediately how much she enjoyed her job and really took time to make sure it was a mutual fit. The initial phone interview was about 30-40 minutes. I went to interview in person the next day. I took a spelling test and interviewed with another manager (who also was very thorough and valued her job- wanted to make sure she had the right people for the team). I then shadowed an employee there for about half an hour to get a feel for the job. I was then given a contingent verbal offer to start two weeks from that day, pending my drug test and background check came back normal. The drug test was 10 panel, and the background check was looking for felonies or theft charges, I believe. The process was easy and took 5 business days total from the time I answered the first call, to getting my offer letter after drug test and background check came back. While I was waiting to interview, someone came up and told me how great it was to work there. I could tell company culture was awesome. That was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had your phone calls graded by quality control?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question
    • What are the two most important qualities to have to be successful at phone sales?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay positive if you're having a bad day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It’s was a very thorough interview. I was asked a lot of questions not just about my work experience, but about me as a person. I was also able to sit with a current employee during the interview so I could see what I’d expect.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever work in phone sales.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Intrusive interview with a lot of questions that were not their business. Lame answer as to how they became the supposed Best Place to Work in DFW. I cancelled the in person as this was a horrible and probably accurate depiction of being employed with these people. It says on here there's a camera at every desk??? Not a surprise after this interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your W2 going back for years. He attempted to set me up numerous times. Was ridiculous and I felt dirty after speaking to him for an hour. Had the polite interrogation thing going.   1 Answer

May 30, 2017 – Vice President

Please accept my apologies, not only for my late response, but for the less than satisfactory experience during your interview.
    The interview process is always stressful and based upon your... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Very in depth, asked interesting questions that forced me to respond candidly and truthfully. Some of the questions weren't even related to work performance, instead they asked about certain interests I had and what sorts of activities I participated in. It really made me think outside the box and actually made the whole process more conversational and interesting.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a desert island, found a lamp in the sand, rubbed it, a genie came out and said he could give you your perfect job, what would you say?   1 Answer

Nov 30, 2017 – Vice President

Thank you for your posting. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed this process.

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

A friend that works at PCI referred me. PCI's recruiter called and interviewed me by phone. I was invited to come in for a formal interview. Talked with several managers and filled out some forms. I took a drug test. PCI checked my references, drug test and background. I was called and told I got the job and to come in on Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate your highest salary when you get an offer.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

The job posting said this was for an "editor" position, but $15 an hour to delete periods and commas from a spreadsheet, for eight hours a day, does not an editor make. The people were nice, and it seems like a decent company other than that, but I could make almost that much working at Walmart.

Interview Questions

Publishing Concepts Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Vice President

Thank you for your interest in our editing position. We wish you only the best in your future endeavors.

Interview

One interview and one week training. Otherwise it was easy, they loved my voice as did the cust9omers who called in. I was the top performer for most pay periods that I worked at PCI.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall that any were ever asked.   1 Answer

Senior Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishing Concepts (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Getting to know the applicate, asking question about your manner of work, your professionalism. Finding out about your skills, and why you would want to work for the company. Then what kind of salary are you looking for.

Interview Questions

Publishing Concepts Response

May 30, 2017 – Vice President

So very pleased that you joined Publishing Concepts. We are very excited about the new opportunities available in our Virginia Beach location. I encourage you to work with the associate with whom... More